Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuck MidwayUSA: ammo sales in CT

States like NJ are the problem that use taxpayer money to go after companies. Now someone like Midway could probably shoulder it but small ones cant. I dont know why, or maybe they have tried to, get all the retailers together to go after these states legally.

Yes, why not both? I say fuck CT pretty much every day. When my obligations are done here, I’ll go back where I came from.

Until then, if I’m going to be mad at a vendor, doing so because of their deliberate policy choices is one of the less dumb reasons. Being out of stock or bungling an order, that’s a dumb reason. Inventing restrictions from scratch under the guise of “complying with the law”, no, not so much. They have at least enough lawyers to know that CT requires a permit, but not enough to know that a valid CT permit is a valid CT permit. Maybe they’re the ones who graduated behind Biden at law school that year.

I’m three for three with other vendors not telling me to fuck off, with another pending. Oh the suspense.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    Midway refuses to sell me ammo.

When I moved from NC two years ago, I already had a valid CT CCW, with my NC address on it. There is no “non-resident” permit in CT. Residents and non-residents are issued the same permit

When you move here, you notify the CT licensing authority of your change of address, they update their database, and they instruct you to affix a label to the back of your permit with your new CT address on it. They do not issue you a new, updated permit until it expires and you renew.

Ammunition purchase in CT requires a special permit, or a valid CT CCW. Residency is not a stipulation. Midway refuses to sell me ammo because my permit has my NC address still on it. I knew it wouldn’t do any good, but I forwarded emails to and from from the state licensing board, and copies of my permit and DL, but of course it’s not adequate “for their purposes”.

So far, other online vendors haven’t given me any shit over this. I have an order in with natchezss. Maybe they’ll kick it back, too.

I get it. It’s CT, and vendors will tip-toe for fear of violating the law. But even if I were still a NC resident and came to CT with my CT permit with NC address on it, it would still be legal for me to buy ammo here.

Maybe there’s some nuance I’m missing, but I’m pretty sure it’s still Fuck You, MidwayUSA.
    SGAmmo has no problem with shipping ammo to me, and my CT CCW permit has a Missouri address on it. I sent them a copy of my permit and my driver's license and that was enough. Robertson's Trading Post sold me a bunch of mags 18 months ago with the same documentation.

So screw Midway.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Yes, why not both? I say fuck CT pretty much every day. When my obligations are done here, I’ll go back where I came from.

Until then, if I’m going to be mad at a vendor, doing so because of their deliberate policy choices is one of the less dumb reasons. Being out of stock or bungling an order, that’s a dumb reason. Inventing restrictions from scratch under the guise of “complying with the law”, no, not so much. They have at least enough lawyers to know that CT requires a permit, but not enough to know that a valid CT permit is a valid CT permit. Maybe they’re the ones who graduated behind Biden at law school that year.
    Midway is free to have whatever policies they like, and you're free to do business with them or not. 'Merica, man. No "XYZ company sucks" thread has ever moved me to boycott the object of the poster's anger.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Midway doesn't have a corner on the ammo market. They're shipping rates are the highest in the online world of shooting products. I used to be a customer but long since found better places to buy. They have nothing I can't find someplace else for less money. There are a lot of smaller retailers that would welcome your order.

Why are you buying ammo in this market? Buying ammo for 2020 was a 2019 thing but I guess you already know that.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

pfffft. Try shipping ammo to Hawaii. Heck try shipping 123 batteries here.

And before anyone says to move, I'll say that I won't break the promise I made to my parents and their parents that I'd be here to take care of them, so I'm staying

To the OP, I empathize with you. And right now, when every single loaded cartridge OR component will sell anyway, there is little incentive for companies to put in extra effort if your state is problematic. Our problem isn't the regs. It's that there's no "ground service" from the west coast to Honolulu

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Midway doesn't have a corner on the ammo market. They're shipping rates are the highest in the online world of shooting products. I used to be a customer but long since found better places to buy. They have nothing I can't find someplace else for less money. There are a lot of smaller retailers that would welcome your order.
    I'm not shopping at the right places, then. Where are you hitting up?

I basically do this - wait until I have a large enough order to get free shipping from Brownells; wait until I get a free shipping code from Midway.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

Why are you buying ammo in this market? Buying ammo for 2020 was a 2019 thing but I guess you already know that.
    I'm kind of in the same boat. At one time Midway had some fantastic prices on reloading components and then one day they decided to be Cabelas, and everything was 20% higher. They finally got their shipping prices under control but I can usually find much fairer prices elsewhere.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm not shopping at the right places, then. Where are you hitting up?

I basically do this - wait until I have a large enough order to get free shipping from Brownells; wait until I get a free shipping code from Midway.
    I'm living in the past evidently. I couldn't find ammo cheaper than Midway. Their shipping used to be predatory. People complained about it a lot and I found it extreme.

I buy mostly from Reloading Unlimited but they're out of everything.

Looks like ammo is where you find it these days.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Maybe you should consider a long weekend trip to complete all you're holiday shopping needs. I'm more concerned with the grocery store shelves and those gate keepers.

I’m three for three with other vendors not telling me to fuck off, with another pending. Oh the suspense.

User Tag List