Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuck MidwayUSA: ammo sales in CT

Fuck MidwayUSA: ammo sales in CT

Midway refuses to sell me ammo.

When I moved from NC two years ago, I already had a valid CT CCW, with my NC address on it. There is no “non-resident” permit in CT. Residents and non-residents are issued the same permit

When you move here, you notify the CT licensing authority of your change of address, they update their database, and they instruct you to affix a label to the back of your permit with your new CT address on it. They do not issue you a new, updated permit until it expires and you renew.

Ammunition purchase in CT requires a special permit, or a valid CT CCW. Residency is not a stipulation. Midway refuses to sell me ammo because my permit has my NC address still on it. I knew it wouldn’t do any good, but I forwarded emails to and from from the state licensing board, and copies of my permit and DL, but of course it’s not adequate “for their purposes”.

So far, other online vendors haven’t given me any shit over this. I have an order in with natchezss. Maybe they’ll kick it back, too.

I get it. It’s CT, and vendors will tip-toe for fear of violating the law. But even if I were still a NC resident and came to CT with my CT permit with NC address on it, it would still be legal for me to buy ammo here.

Maybe there’s some nuance I’m missing, but I’m pretty sure it’s still Fuck You, MidwayUSA.

Being mad a retailer for following their policy when presented with confusing circumstances is pretty dumb.

Maybe you should be saying fuck CT. They are the ones with the stupid laws making it hard for retailers to know what to do.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    Maybe there’s some nuance I’m missing
    Quite true.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Midway won't honor my non-resident IL status. I can buy ammo and have it shipped to my temporary residence in IL, without an FOID, per IL state regs. However, Midway refuses to deliver ammo or powder/primers to any address in IL without an FOID.

Brownells and SGAmmo will also not ship me loaded ammo, but Brownells will ship components. It sucks and it's irritating.

TargetSportsUSA has no problem shipping me ammo in IL, though. I sent them a copy of my TX CCL and they noted it in my account and send the ammo along. They'll send it to either my Texas or Illinois address, whenever I want them to.

Powder Valley and Midsouth Shooter Supply have no issues at all boxing up powder and primers and shipping them up.

Site Supporter
    I can understand why retailers are hesitant or refuse to do business in some of these cities and states. These are the same locations that seem to give a pass to what I consider criminals but seems to delight in prosecuting law abiding citizens at any opportunity.

I do not say this lightly or flippantly. I am watching GA go down the Blue tube of despair and starting to look for an area that will be Red longer. I will vote with my feet and my money.

Thats what I did but I fear we will run out of places to retreat to. Where is my black flag?

Site Supporter
    1) there is ammo available?
    2) it isn’t approaching gold in cost?
    3) was moving to CT voluntary?
    A) family reasons?
    B) double the salary?

A lot to unpack before I jump on the fuck midway train

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Thats what I did but I fear we will run out of places to retreat to. Where is my black flag?
    Between Bikini Kill and Blondie in 'Punk.'

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    Fuck You, MidwayUSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Maybe you should be saying fuck CT. They are the ones with the stupid laws making it hard for retailers to know what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List