Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adapting a 10/22 for my son

Site Supporter
    At the second link I listed, you can actually pre-order now. Call Bravo or that place to see if they have an ETA.

A KRG Bravo with no spacers isn't really short enough for a 7 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    And probably too heavy.

Name:  IMG_2352.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  50.8 KB

I've got this old single shot that I just cut some off the stock with a hack saw. It's not pretty but a bunch of kids learned on it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    He's setting up a 10-22 target gun with the bull barrel, it won't be light anyway, and the Bravo 10/22 is specifically made with 11.5" LOP for youth shooters.

Many used 10/22 stocks on eBay, some on Gunbroker. Wood is easy to modify as needed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Think it's gonna happen on schedule? I need to get cracking on this, soon.
    Another option which is immediately available, will have good buttstock adjustability due to an AR buttstock system, and is lighter than the Bravo or the Magpul synthetic--is the Kidd tactical chassis.

https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Tac...sis_p_214.html

I have one of these, total weight of configured chassis with Magpul CTR buttstock and pistol grip, 2 lbs. I love this thing, it's my favorite 10/22 setup and can adjust buttstock for kids to shoot, plus it contributes to the accuracy of my bull-barreled 10/22 by having a rear screw for anchoring the action in the receiver. Downside is total cost if you're trying to keep cost down, by the time you get chassis, buttstock, and grip, you'll be into it for high 200's or over 300. 10/22's are a money pit. But it's a great stock and fits your requirements, while keeping total weight about a pound lighter than most target stocks, which start at around 3lb.

Cut down one of the birch stocks, or get a Magpul.

The Hogue stocks have pretty short LOP as well as being fairly light. I use them on my lightweight 10/22 builds.

Cut your current stock to a shorter LOP with the idea of replacing it in a few years with a Magpul or KRG when your kids are bigger.

User Tag List