Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger GP100MC Novak Sight Replacement

Tritium sights from Novak showed up last week, Using a sight tool left over from installing Dawson sights, I got them out.. The MC was pretty tight, Clamped up in my vise, I had to use a 12oz hammer to get them out, 3 good wacks did it. On my 3” .44 special, they came out with the 8oz hammer, I didn’t put any locktite in the dovetails, as tight as they were I didn’t feel they needed any. Taking both to the range they were both dead on, and about a light year ahead of the green blobs that Novak calls fiber optics... It was really a huge, huge, improvement. Now that they both have very usable sights, I’m finding out these are both pretty dammed accurate revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I strongly recommend the Wilson Combat spring kit. I use the 10lb mainspring for reliable ignition regardless of primer, coupled with the 9lb trigger return spring I get a pretty good trigger out of the gun.
    Caleb, will the same spring rates work in SP101s?🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Padwan View Post
    I don't know, actually I've never really done a lot of work on the little metal Rugers.

Quote Originally Posted by Padwan View Post
    I'm running my SO101 with the 10 pound level main spring, and the 9 lb. trigger return spring. This is with the spurless DAO hammer. A spurred hammer, being heavier, would give you a little more margin. I can run my GP100s' at 9 lbs. or a bit less, but that level with the SP101 had too many misfires. Bottom line is that every gun is an individual, so you won't know until you try it.

Site Supporter

Wilson Combat spring kit

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I strongly recommend the Wilson Combat spring kit. I use the 10lb mainspring for reliable ignition regardless of primer, coupled with the 9lb trigger return spring I get a pretty good trigger out of the gun.
    I installed the Wilson Combat spring kit today. The kit came with 3 main springs (9, 10, and 12 lbs.) and 2 trigger return springs (8 and 10 lbs.). I used the 10 lb. hammer spring and the 10 lb. trigger return spring.

The OEM trigger weight was 10 lbs. 0.5 oz. After the kit installation, the trigger weight is 8 lbs. 0.2 oz. I had no failures to fire with the first 50 rounds using Federal primers.

New sights + new springs = better pistol.

User Tag List