Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger GP100MC Novak Sight Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I strongly recommend the Wilson Combat spring kit. I use the 10lb mainspring for reliable ignition regardless of primer, coupled with the 9lb trigger return spring I get a pretty good trigger out of the gun.

Caleb - Thanks so much for this post!!!!!
    Johnny Walker

Site Supporter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I strongly recommend the Wilson Combat spring kit. I use the 10lb mainspring for reliable ignition regardless of primer, coupled with the 9lb trigger return spring I get a pretty good trigger out of the gun.
    Thanks! Order placed.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Alright this thread just made me buy a gun! I have wanted a MC for a while. I liked the look of the fixed sights, but wanted the adjustable because I like to dial in my guns. I did not know that NovaK made adjustables. All this info has solved my problem and pushed me over the edge to buy one. I am not sure if that is good or bad.

Now I just need to find one nearby.

The hunt is on!

The front sight was one of the first things to be replaced on my MC, went with the Novak tritium front and am pretty happy with it. My MC is the adjustable rear sight version, so just recently a set of Bowen Rough Country's replaced the original sights. Again, an improvement. It's now close to what I want, still playing with stocks to find the best fit for my hands, another set is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I'm also using the adjustable Novak rear on my WC.

I chose to go with a front night sight with a colored ring which i believe is marked night fission despite being sold by Novak.

Great combo and i like it much better than the brass bead factory setup.

Attachment 63256
    backtrail540;

How easy/difficult were these to install on your WC? I have a Ruger MC and I wouldn’t mind getting rid of the factory sights for something better.. I do have some experience installing sights, as I’ve installed Dawson sights on some CZ’s I have, as well as 3HK’s I have, all of the HK’s took 45 minutes to an hour to fit the front sight.. Hopefully, these will be easier..

I am a total bubba so I'm probably not who you want to ask, but i just used rubber padded vice jaws, a hammer, and a punch from old dawson sights.

Harder than using the same method on a slide, simply because the clamping surface is not uniform or handy, and you can't use a sight pusher (that I'm aware of) but it wasn't a big deal. Same process just a slightly different approach.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter

If I can do it...

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    backtrail540;

How easy/difficult were these to install on your WC? I have a Ruger MC and I wouldn’t mind getting rid of the factory sights for something better.. I do have some experience installing sights, as I’ve installed Dawson sights on some CZ’s I have, as well as 3HK’s I have, all of the HK’s took 45 minutes to an hour to fit the front sight.. Hopefully, these will be easier..
    It's fairly simple. You want a decent bench vise with padded jaws, a brass punch, small hammer, and a micrometer to get it centered. I used blue thread locker on the set screw. ELN

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    It's fairly simple. You want a decent bench vise with padded jaws, a brass punch, small hammer, and a micrometer to get it centered. I used blue thread locker on the set screw. ELN
    You didn’t need to file the sight to get it to fit? Reading Novak’s site, my understanding is that these are drop in fit, basically, tap the old one out, and tap the new one in.. Also, does it matter which way they come out? Left to Right, or Right to Left?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    You didn’t need to file the sight to get it to fit? Reading Novak’s site, my understanding is that these are drop in fit, basically, tap the old one out, and tap the new one in.. Also, does it matter which way they come out? Left to Right, or Right to Left?
    My Novak adjustable rear sight did not require any fitting. Sorry, but I just don't recall which direction I drifted the old one out and the new one in. Just take your time. You'll be fine.

On my non match champion GPs the front sights went from left to right. I'm not gonna assume anything on the Novak rears. I set up in a padded vise and used a punch from Dawson set and a 8oz brass hammer. It went fairly easy, relative to the task.

User Tag List