Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Concealment Faux Pas

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    "Now this is a noife."
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    fixed
    I was thinking the exact same thing before I saw your "correction".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Wind has caused me some issues. I'm not sure if anyone noticed but just a few weeks ago I was at a tourist spot around here and it was a warm but windy day. I had my PPS carried AIWB with a well draped T-shirt on. As I was walking to the attraction, the wind was in my face. I looked down and my shirt was plastered against my torso with a nice vacuum formed profile of my PSS on my waistline. I was horrified but tried to just stroll on and not draw attention to myself. I fidgeted with my hands in front of the gun to shield the view not knowing what else to do. Not sure what I could have done differently. This has happened on several occasions but apparently no one noticed.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Wind has caused me some issues. I'm not sure if anyone noticed but just a few weeks ago I was at a tourist spot around here and it was a warm but windy day. I had my PPS carried AIWB with a well draped T-shirt on. As I was walking to the attraction, the wind was in my face. I looked down and my shirt was plastered against my torso with a nice vacuum formed profile of my PSS on my waistline. I was horrified but tried to just stroll on and not draw attention to myself. I fidgeted with my hands in front of the gun to shield the view not knowing what else to do. Not sure what I could have done differently. This has happened on several occasions but apparently no one noticed.
    if you're wearing jeans (with pockets close to your front and comparatively high, unlike slacks) putting your hands in your pockets can help you blouse your covering garment making your gun print less.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    A shirt with a pattern, texture (like seersucker), and/or a certain stiffness (like linen after it air dries) can really help with this, in my experience. Even if it drapes well in a static environment, a thin t-shirt is suboptimal when movement and wind are factored in.

Site Supporter
    I always carry my phone. I find it easy to hold it with my elbow at about 90 degrees and still look natural. My arm can cover up a lot of what I don't want others to notice.

On the other hand, when I am out and about, I usually don't care if people notice or not.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    My shirt size is XL. When wearing a T shirt only with a holstered weapon, I select a 2XL shirt. But I'm most comfortable with a 2XL T shirt and a conventional shirt untucked and unbuttoned. Being elderly, I am retired and don't care if my attire might appear sloppy. Also I wear Danner boots which nobody notices on old guys. The boots are as tattered and scarred as I am.

My most interesting one was post-9/11. The Sunday after the attacks, I flew to KC, MO for a clandestine meth lab conference. On the plane there, it was only local, state, & fed dope investigators and the flight crew. So, maybe 25 people tops. We were all at the front of the bird, a row to ourselves. I wasn't completely scummy in appearance at the time, but I didn't look like the police.

My carry gun was a Commander in a Kramer IWB rig.

Flying home the following Friday afternoon was a very different story. I board & have an aisle seat. My pistol/holster is towards the inside of the row. As I'm settling into my seat, the guy next to me moves, stretches, and elbows the grip panels. He realized what he hit. He spent the rest of the flight leaning as far away from me as he could, all the while staring at me ... from KC to PHX. Sigh.

User Tag List