Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealment Faux Pas

Elbow checks and blousing are tells for 3:30 that get better at 3:00 and go away completely at 1:00. I really prefer AIWB for its effect on my behavior.

The only AIWB tell I'm conscious of is my tendency to untuck the butt from my gut when I sit down. I'm usually pretty subtle about it. Higher ride alleviates.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Possibly worse with AIWB carry?

"Is that a 1911 in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"
    Learn to lean into a hug, don’t hug someone like you’d like to get intimate with them. Keep both guns out of contact.

Unless, of course, there’s some interest there. Then, you’ll have to be ready for the questions.

Concealment Faux Pas

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Learn to lean into a hug, don’t hug someone like you’d like to get intimate with them. Keep both guns out of contact.

Unless, of course, there’s some interest there. Then, you’ll have to be ready for the questions.
    Fortunately the ‘Rona has pretty much eliminated hugging anyone who isn’t my wife. (Some of her friends were really into hugs).
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Gotta be fast around those little kids doling out aggressive hugs. Separately, my daughter and nephew have each received a forehead full of Beretta slide. Lucky for them I run the slim levers. Told the nephew that you shouldn't run into Iron Man if you don't want to get hurt and that redirected his attention towards me being a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I try to be as "grey" as possible - even my hair is grey. One thing that bugs me about the grey man thing is the assertion that wearing trail running shoes is an absolute tell. I ran a trail race the weekend before last, have another coming up in three weeks, and COVID willing, have one in AZ in February. There's a section in trail shoes life between being too worn to run in and not worn enough to throw out, so they become knock-around shoes. So I wear them. While carrying, no less. And have yet to be kilt in da streetz.
    I started wearing trail running shoes 15 or 20 years ago to, you know, run on trails. I also used to work in the field a fair amount, and they were great shoes for that. Now I just run in my road running shoes and I fly a desk, but I still have some leftover trail running shoes that I wear around. Sometimes I wear them with Kuhl pants, but I've also been wearing those for a long time too. I realize that Patagucchi is a bit passé now, but I got my first jacket in the mid-80s and I still have it. I don't go out of my way to look tacticool, but that's just how I've often dressed even before I knew it was a thing.

For hugs, I get my arms under the hugger's and make sure they land well above the waist line.

Not that I get many... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Parf View Post
    Fight for underhooks.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Fortunately the ‘Rona has pretty much eliminated hugging anyone who isn’t my wife. (Some of her friends were really into hugs).
    Yeah, but how about those business competitor hugs? Once's you've figured out the diameter of the hole you'll need, you disengage and create distance.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    or even a shiny knife clipped to a pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I too try to be the grey man re shoes/and visible knife clips.
    I don't think clipped knives are much of a giveaway these days considering their ubiquity. Virtually everyone has one these days.

Combat boots and vests out of context, definitely.

Chris

My consistent tell is when I’m out to dinner with friends and acquaintances and I’m the only one at the table who doesn’t order beer or wine. If there’s someone at the table who doesn’t know me well, they’ll often make an comment about why I’m not drinking. I usually just awkwardly laugh it off and change the subject.

User Tag List