Thread: The Right Stuff series remake on Disney Plus (Nat Geo channel)

The Right Stuff series remake on Disney Plus (Nat Geo channel)

I think they are doing a great job, I need to reread the book now, since it’s been something like thirty years I read it, but I do tire of the methodical documentation of infidelity by the astronauts and I still think John Glenn’s documented nascent political plans were weird. That being said, it’s a worthy effort and you won’t hate it even if you loved the original movie, give it a shot.
    #RESIST

Watched the first episode. Thought they did a horrible job of differentiating between the characters. The show seems to assume you already know well who they are. The focus on the infidelity (which was a real thing) and the John Glenn politician stuff annoyed me, too.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Watched the first episode. Thought they did a horrible job of differentiating between the characters. The show seems to assume you already know well who they are. The focus on the infidelity (which was a real thing) and the John Glenn politician stuff annoyed me, too.
    That was a glorious ass chewing by Shepard in the opening scene, I enjoyed that
    #RESIST

@Stephanie B I figured you might enjoy this.
    #RESIST

Hammertime
    I watch that movie over and over as a kid. Didn’t read the book to last year they were both quite good excited to check this out.

User Tag List