Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on 2-Gun Carry

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    An LCR lives in my strongside pocket. It stays there whether or not I can get away with a belt gun. Used to do the B.U.G. thing in my younger years then stopped. Back then, it was a snub or LCP in my weakside pocket.

I've found dedicated strongside more consistent and allows me to not be constantly rearranging the contents of my pockets. And I like being able to walk around with my hands in my pockets, one on a gun, other on a flashlight. Or stand around with thumbs hooked in my belt, one on a K-frame and other ready to choose between a fixed blade or pepper spray.

Since dropping "down" to a K-frame snub on the belt, I've found myself totally willing to carry a back-up gun as a matter of course. Small fixed blade, stumpy Model 10 LCR, kubotan pepper spray, small fixed blade, and reload for the big wheelgun aren't a burden on the defensive end of things. And losing the stronside pocket for clipping a knife never phased me since I prefer slipjoints and other traditional designs that can go in any other pocket, anyway. My left hand can get to my appendix carried snub so left hand access to a gun is somewhat maintained if sub-optimally.

Non-sworn, never even been a cop, just sumdood. In fact, apprecate having a back-up less for my benefit and more for the possiblity to hand it off and have another armed party on my side.
    Seems like AIWB is the best place for a BUG, especially one that might be accessed in-fight. You've got a logical array: deceptive and fast primary draw and a BUG set up for

a fast easy draw with your less able hand. Both are as reliable as guns can be especially from user induced failures like mine in the OP.

IS WHAT PLANTS CRAVE BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikahawkins1 View Post
    I think all states should allow up to 2 hand guns for protection.
    Why up to 2? How many do you carry?
    Important rule change regarding political discussion here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....58#post1151858

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Maybe with talented students I would lube up with baby oil and then go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikahawkins1 View Post
    I think all states should allow up to 2 hand guns for protection.
    Why is “up to 2” deemed sufficient? Is this ground that we should cede to the anti-gun lobby? Does this mean owning only two, or carrying only two? “Arms” is plural.

Especially in the case of five-shot revolvers, I have carried three at a time. One for right-hand access, one for left-hand access, and one spare/back-up/“Texas* reload.” A significant part of my reluctant transition to a wide-body .40 G22 duty pistol, in 2002, was that I no longer carried the same pistol on and off the clock. I could shoot my SP101 about as well as the G22, so that SP101 became my usual off-the-clock primary, backed-up by my J-Snub. I soon added two more SP101 snubs. (Eventually, I resumed packing a duty/service pistol during most personal time.)

The late, great Jim Cirillo packed three six-shot revolvers.

*Texas Rangers were packing multiple Colt Paterson revolving pistols long before anyone coined the term “New York Reload.”
    Retar’d LE

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I now carry two handguns, my main weapon in an IWB holster and a small second pistol in a pocket. At this time of year with temps below freezing when I am out and about and my coat buttoned, the second pistol is in my outer coat pocket. In warmer weather, it is in a rear pant pocket.

For winter carry, the J-frame Centennial is an ideal second pistol. Mine is carried in a Kramer pocket holster. In the summer, I like the Seecamp LWS32 in a rear pants pocket in an Aker pocket holster.

Site Supporter
    Rex, only three? You need to up your game.

Name:  fH3BGmp.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  29.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Rex, only three? You need to up your game.

Name:  fH3BGmp.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  29.5 KB
    Gotta have room for Clinch Picks, Bowie knives, tomahawks, and the occasional wakizashi.
    Retar’d LE

Don’t tread on volcanos!

^^^^

No wonder you need a walker.
    The only difference between our taliban and theirs are the duds.

Old school EDC.

Sorry for the poor quality.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I now carry two handguns, my main weapon in an IWB holster and a small second pistol in a pocket. At this time of year with temps below freezing when I am out and about and my coat buttoned, the second pistol is in my outer coat pocket. In warmer weather, it is in a rear pant pocket.

For winter carry, the J-frame Centennial is an ideal second pistol. Mine is carried in a Kramer pocket holster. In the summer, I like the Seecamp LWS32 in a rear pants pocket in an Aker pocket holster.
    How do you manage the outer coat pocket location when you do do something like go into a diner to grab a bite to eat? Just take your coat off but leave it on the inside of your chair where nobody can reach the pocket? Go into a bathroom every time you go inside and transfer it to a pants pocket? Something else? I’m paranoid about this and trying to figure out how to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    How do you manage the outer coat pocket location when you do do something like go into a diner to grab a bite to eat? Just take your coat off but leave it on the inside of your chair where nobody can reach the pocket? Go into a bathroom every time you go inside and transfer it to a pants pocket? Something else?
    Yes. Depends on what you're doing given that context dictates everything in life. There is also the option of a discreet pocket transfer in your vehicle or while heading in as prolonged building entries are usually planned.

I tend to favor premptive movement followed by heading straight for the can.

User Tag List