Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Thoughts on 2-Gun Carry

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Yes. Depends on what you're doing given that context dictates everything in life. There is also the option of a discreet pocket transfer in your vehicle or while heading in as prolonged building entries are usually planned.

I tend to favor premptive movement followed by heading straight for the can.
    I read somewhere about twenty years ago that NYC detectives were quite adept at surreptitiously moving their snubs from coat pockets to other concealment locations when necessary.
    Don’t remember any other details or who wrote the article.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    How do you manage the outer coat pocket location when you do do something like go into a diner to grab a bite to eat? Just take your coat off but leave it on the inside of your chair where nobody can reach the pocket? Go into a bathroom every time you go inside and transfer it to a pants pocket? Something else? I’m paranoid about this and trying to figure out how to handle it.
    Switch before going inside. Can be before leaving the vehicle, or if the walk is in the dark, during the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Switch before going inside. Can be before leaving the vehicle, or if the walk is in the dark, during the walk.
    Open car door and exit, then stand with the door blocking the view and do the transfer.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    How do you manage the outer coat pocket location when you do do something like go into a diner to grab a bite to eat?
    I was usually wearing a top coat when I was pocket carrying, but I would just sit at a booth and put the coat on the bench seat between me and the wall and then place my hat on top of the coat.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Luckily, where I live now winter carry isn't really a thing.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by kitchen's mill View Post
    New Mexico specifically limits number to one.
    NC goes with "as many as you can comfortably carry" as a limit, at least in the summary of gun laws.

Which is weird phrasing. But permissive, at least.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Old school EDC.

Sorry for the poor quality.

Reminds me of this kid.

https://youtu.be/x6mbej7OUS0

I've carried two guns on more than a few occasions, but it is usually for a very specific set of reasons. The most common is driving. Rather than move my primary gun around, I will instead opt for wearing a shoulder holster with a smaller gun in it. I strongly prefer rigs which you can draw straight down from, with some practice you can access the pistol worn in a shoulder holster with either hand.

Alternatively, a pocket carried pistol in my vest/coat/hip pocket - the LCP shines in these situations - is flatter and easier to draw than a J-Frame from a pocket.

That said, if I someone told me I could only carry revolvers for the rest of my life, two revolvers tucked on either side of my belt buckle would work just fine. I'd probably have to have a lower profile clinch pick belt wrap sheath made, but otherwise it would work fine.

User Tag List