Thread: Beretta 92 Grip Comparisons

Hammertime

Beretta 92 Grip Comparisons

I have a few 92s with different grips and thought a post with a few of them could be helpful.

Two of these are wrap around grips that mimic the standard 92 profile on the Vertec or 92X grip frame.

From thinnest to thickest:

Langdon LTT ultra thin G10 grips made by VZ.
    VZ G10 Ultra-Thin LTT Grips - Langdon Tactical

Name:  A1E7155A-AB28-4557-B0F6-6B5AE9B27519.jpg
Views: 5700
Size:  69.3 KB
    LTT, Plastic, WC

Beretta Plastic Wrap Around Grip for 92X frame.
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/ud5a1691

These are out of stock at Beretta and Midwest Gun Works recently.

Name:  CE15CEEC-BC9B-4F8A-813B-46E818ABB581.jpg
Views: 4348
Size:  62.2 KB
    LTT, plastic, WC, Rubber

Wilson Combat Standard (non thin) G10 grips I think also made by VZ?
    https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-...info/724FC-DO/

VZ G10 tactical slants. Non palm swell version these are essentially identical to the WC grips:
    VZ Grips - VZ Tactical Slants Gen 2 Beretta 92

Name:  993A97C8-B0F2-40D7-B2B0-41FE465B1892.jpg
Views: 4056
Size:  62.0 KB
    Plastic, WC G10, Rubber, Hogue G10

Hogue Rubber grips:
    Beretta 92/96 Series Rubber Grip with Finger Grooves Black - Soft OverMolded Rubber & Nylon - 92/96 Series & M9 Full Size - Beretta Grips - Handgun Grips - Hogue Products

Name:  20F5B3B1-4F85-4A31-9889-FDD044ECDA5C.jpg
Views: 4243
Size:  57.1 KB
    WC G10, Hogue Rubber, Hogue G10 Overgrip

Hogue G10 Checkered Wrap around grip

Beretta M9A3, Vertec Wrap Around Backstrap - Checkered - G10 G-Mascus DARK EARTH - 92 M9A3/Vertec - Beretta Grips - Handgun Grips - Hogue Products

Name:  138FB8BC-D71D-4739-AA4B-37B76EDDD713.jpg
Views: 4153
Size:  65.0 KB
    WC G10, VZ G10, Hogue wrap around grip G10

All these grips have the same trigger reach. They differ in circumference and shape where the gripping fingers are placed.

The Hogue G10 wrap around is biggest and has a really nice texture. The LTT is smallest and while the texture is decent, it does not have as secure a “quarter panel” attachment for my support hand as the Hogue Checkered Wrap Around.

The Hogue G10 has a more rectangular cross section and an adequately aggressive texture, in addition to a larger circumference and I definitely favor it amongst all the options here.

That said, the differences are not huge with any of these grips and I intend to keep the LTT and Wilson grips on their particularly branded pistols (LTT M9 and Wilson Centurion).

The biggest surprise here is the Beretta plastic wrap around grip. The texture is extremely aggressive and sticky and despite a smallish cross section, my quarter panel attachment is super solid. I like it a lot but had to actually de-texturize the side that touches my body a bit for carry comfort. They are cheap as well and transform any Vertec into a nice standard grip. I would rank it my second choice for a Vertec pistol. It should be your first choice if you like slimmer grips.

Other grips I have tried are the large rubber M9A3 over grips that I did not care for at all. Too squirmy and required chalk for a good support grip.

I also had a set of Stoner CMC G10 grips that were cheaper than the VZ or Hogue versions but they had hot spots and sharp edges in places.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 11-13-2020 at 11:35 PM.

My Cent 92D w/ Wilsons went to live with a friend, the Wilson grips were much thinner than the Hoge finger-grooves that came with the gun. The Wilson grips flared out at the grip srews, and took the scerws that cane with the Houges. Had I kept the gun longer, I would have been interested in having the grips thinned at the screws, along with the screws, just to see.

I do frequently hear that the LTT grips are the best, from a shape and traction standpoint.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    My Cent 92D w/ Wilsons went to live with a friend, the Wilson grips were much thinner than the Hoge finger-grooves that came with the gun. The Wilson grips flared out at the grip srews, and took the scerws that cane with the Houges. Had I kept the gun longer, I would have been interested in having the grips thinned at the screws, along with the screws, just to see.

I do frequently hear that the LTT grips are the best, from a shape and traction standpoint.
    I prefer the Lok bogies and I request they extend the pattern all the way up and make it slightly deeper for more aggressive texture. I want to try the redesigned VZ recons though. My LTT grips are too thin for me and are not as aggressive as I'd like- likely perfect for some other people looking to carry.

I was going to go with Lok full bogies but they can’t take it up as far up as the updated VZ gen 2 operators.

I have the gen 2s with the full golfball pattern and they are glorious in all their traction. I actually had to sand down some of the profile were the base of my trigger finger and thumb rest.

I am not well versed in all the Beretta grips but I will say I don’t think there will be a grip with more traction then the VZs grips gen 2 operators. You actually have to probably sand them down to your preference which is exactly what I wanted.

I have to update my site subscription to post pics again but when I do I will post some.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I was going to go with Lok full bogies but they can’t take it up as far up as the updated VZ gen 2 operators.

I have the gen 2s with the full golfball pattern and they are glorious in all their traction. I actually had to sand down some of the profile were the base of my trigger finger and thumb rest.

I am not well versed in all the Beretta grips but I will say I don’t think there will be a grip with more traction then the VZs grips gen 2 operators. You actually have to probably sand them down to your preference which is exactly what I wanted.

I have to update my site subscription to post pics again but when I do I will post some.
    Lok will do their Veloce pattern for the Vertec on request.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Lok will do their Veloce pattern for the Vertec on request.
    Is the veloce pattern more or less aggressive than standard full length bogies? And does anyone have the new VZ recon IIs and can compare to the Lok bogies? The redesigned recons look sweet so I'm considering a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Is the veloce pattern more or less aggressive than standard full length bogies? And does anyone have the new VZ recon IIs and can compare to the Lok bogies? The redesigned recons look sweet so I'm considering a pair.
    Veloce are supposed to be more aggressive than Bogies.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List