Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakeland FL Double Murder

Lakeland FL Double Murder

This one really bothers me.

A couple in their 60s murdered in their home. Lakeland FL is between Tampa and Orlando in Polk County, just down the interstate from where we live. I took my Gabe class in Lakeland. I told my wife, that could easily have been us.

https://www.theledger.com/story/news...nd/6262000002/

"LAKELAND — A 36-year-old Lakeland man has been arrested and faces 10 felony charges, including two counts of first-degree murder, in the double homicide that has shaken the city."

https://www.tampafp.com/horrific-ran...pect-arrested/

"The suspect, 36-year-old Marcell Waldon, was arrested at the Relax Inn Motel on Lakeland Hills Blvd., Wednesday night, around 6 PM, and is said to have no relation or dealings with the Henderson’s. Investigators said the couple was stabbed to death in their home by Waldon.

During the press conference, investigators said, “We think that it was a random act. We don’t, as far as we know, have not been able to locate any relation between him and the victims. There may in fact be a relationship that we’re able to to determine down the road, but we do not at this point in the investigation have any reason or any reason to believe that he knew either one of the victims at all.”

I train with a firearm because I'm not going to be a victim.

Carry your damn gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

A couple in their 60s murdered in their home. Lakeland FL is between Tampa and Orlando in Polk County, just down the interstate from where we live. I took my Gabe class in Lakeland. I told my wife, that could easily have been us.

https://www.theledger.com/story/news...nd/6262000002/

"LAKELAND — A 36-year-old Lakeland man has been arrested and faces 10 felony charges, including two counts of first-degree murder, in the double homicide that has shaken the city."

https://www.tampafp.com/horrific-ran...pect-arrested/

"The suspect, 36-year-old Marcell Waldon, was arrested at the Relax Inn Motel on Lakeland Hills Blvd., Wednesday night, around 6 PM, and is said to have no relation or dealings with the Henderson’s. Investigators said the couple was stabbed to death in their home by Waldon.

During the press conference, investigators said, “We think that it was a random act. We don’t, as far as we know, have not been able to locate any relation between him and the victims. There may in fact be a relationship that we’re able to to determine down the road, but we do not at this point in the investigation have any reason or any reason to believe that he knew either one of the victims at all.”

I train with a firearm because I'm not going to be a victim.

Carry your damn gun.
    Here is a likely “connection”

DOC records show he also served three years in state prison for a 2012 conviction in Polk County for burglary of a dwelling/occupied conveyance.
    Most burglaries occur only the daytime in what the burglars believe to be unoccupied dwellings.,While there are sometimes meeting engagements between residence and daytime burglars they are usually unintentional on the part of the burglar. If the news reports are accurate this homicide occurred during the evening. A “burglar” who intentionally breaks into occupied homes is usually not just looking to burglarize. I would be curious to know if the victims were living in a retirement community or a regular community.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-13-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I would be curious to know if the victims were living in a retirement community or a regular community.
    Regular community, AFIK. Not a terrible part of Lakeland (and there are some.)

Link to address on Google maps:

https://goo.gl/maps/oji9vi9E9ThxnAbF6

Screen shot from news story with pictures showing outside of house. If you pan around in Google maps, there's a nice view of Lake Morton.

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-11-13 08-36-09.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  41.9 KB
    Last edited by RJ; 11-13-2020 at 08:44 AM.

I despise those who harm older people almost as much as those who harm kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I understand from local TV news reporting this fucking asshole made Mrs. Henderson write two $5,000 checks, then stabbed her to death while the husband was out. Mr. Henderson returned home, and was then also murdered.

This story has been on the local news here in PCB. I use it as a teaching aid for the importance of locking the door at all times. Marcell Waldon, has he ever filed income taxes, probably not. His victims worked to make a comfortable lifestyle and have supported Marcell either through tax dollars, crime, or handouts. Apparently homeboy needed more so he decided to take their life's from them along with some belongings and then return to his castle. A good Turnkey always hates the day when a predator is released, they know without a shadow of doubt many people will be victimized before the system decides to incarcerate a persistent predatory offender again. Stay safe.

Hammertime

Carry your damn gun.
    And lock your damn doors. Horrible story.

The Petit murders are the ones I always come back to that got under my skin as a wake up call.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The Petit murders are the ones I always come back to that got under my skin as a wake up call.
    This is the one that the older locals in this area still remember:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    On January 27, 2001, Dartmouth College professors Half and Susanne Zantop, aged 62 and 55 respectively, were stabbed to death at their home in Etna, New Hampshire. Originally from Germany, the couple had been teaching at Dartmouth since the 1970s. High school classmates James J. Parker, age 16, and Robert W. Tulloch, age 17, were charged with first-degree murder.[1][2]

The two youths were indicted on a range of charges. The indictment said that they had made four previous tries over six months to gain entry to houses in the area in Vermont and New Hampshire, with the intent of robbing their victims, getting their ATM cards and passwords, and then killing them. In the first case, on July 19, 2000, they cut the telephone wires to a house in Vershire, Vermont, before Tulloch knocked on the door and tried to gain entry with a story about his car having broken down. He was refused entry, as they were in the other three instances before they attacked the Zantops.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_D...ollege_murders

We had a similar incident on the east coast. The killer had done some handy man work for them, and later on killed them for drug money.

Aside from guns and door locks, think about who you're hiring to do work.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I told my wife, that could easily have been us.
    Difference with a distinction: you wouldn’t be easy. JMO, and don’t forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I’m with you all the way.

User Tag List