Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red dot/Green laser or Green dot/Red laser?

I'm red dot with green laser. I don't find the different colors distracting.

On my PCC I went red dot green laser. Problem is, the gun is used for pest control more than anything else, and the damn green dot vanishes in the grass, foliage, and vegetation making it much harder to dispatch coons, opossums, etc.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Referring to the OP, I’m currently running a Streamlight TLR8 on department and personal weapons, with a red dot sight-I very much like the combo. I have an older TLR2(2 battery) 800 lumen white(I think)w/green laser on a “house gun”. It had been very difficult to find a holster for that light for duty use. This is a good setup for me. One has to train and practice manipulating though.
    SoCalDep and others have very good points and perspective; I’ll add that indoors understand that one can “dazzle” oneself with a really bright light on a white wall or mirror- been there, done it. With the home GLOCK, I’ve dismounted the slide and moved through the darkened domicile to get an idea of what to expect.
    Home order priority for me: 1, have a gun. 2, have some ammo in it. 3, at least a front night sight or highlighted(wml will wash out, but it’s there for backing up optic). 4, a good handheld light. 5,Weapon mounted light w/6, laser.
    It wouldn’t matter if you had infrared and NVGs worth thousands of bucks if you don’t work with the gear...

User Tag List