Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Esstac Belt Loop Upgrades?

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Here is the current configuration of my belt mounted gear. The Kywi is worn on the left side with 11-10 TQ holder and Blue Force Gear dump pouch.
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2731
Size:  55.4 KB

Here is the recurring issue I have been having with the Esstac clips breaking.
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 2586
Size:  70.1 KB

The velcro wrap straps arrived yesterday and I mounted them today. They remove a ton of bulk from the waistband and will allow better contact with the inner belt.
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 2522
Size:  64.0 KB

I also chose to upgrade to the hybrid Kywi GAP model. This version gives a generous amount of space between the pistol magazine pouches. The larger Glock 21 magazines are much easier to remove and insert.
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  34.2 KB

Thank you all for the feedback and recomendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Here is the current configuration of my belt mounted gear. The Kywi is worn on the left side with 11-10 TQ holder and Blue Force Gear dump pouch.
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2731
Size:  55.4 KB

Here is the recurring issue I have been having with the Esstac clips breaking.
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 2586
Size:  70.1 KB

The velcro wrap straps arrived yesterday and I mounted them today. They remove a ton of bulk from the waistband and will allow better contact with the inner belt.
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 2522
Size:  64.0 KB

I also chose to upgrade to the hybrid Kywi GAP model. This version gives a generous amount of space between the pistol magazine pouches. The larger Glock 21 magazines are much easier to remove and insert.
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  34.2 KB

Thank you all for the feedback and recomendations.
    This is a great idea. I use the Esstac double pistol pouch on my duty belt with G21 mags and Im not a big fan of the clips. Can you provide a link to the Velcro one wrap you used?
    Thanks!

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    This is a great idea. I use the Esstac double pistol pouch on my duty belt with G21 mags and I'm not a big fan of the clips. Can you provide a link to the Velcro one wrap you used?
    Thanks!
    I can't take credit for the idea it was @littlejerry and @SmokeJumper who gave me the idea for the one-wrap. I purchased directly from Esstac here. They made the trip from Washington state to Connecticut in less than three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I can't take credit for the idea it was @littlejerry and @SmokeJumper who gave me the idea for the one-wrap. I purchased directly from Esstac here. They made the trip from Washington state to Connecticut in less than three days.
    So the Velcro one-wrap idea came from the owner of EssTac when we communicated via email on my second order of belt loops, he sent me some one-wrap to try.
    My broken loops look exactly like yours on the top section on top leading edge of my belt. Possibly being caused by my vest when sitting in my vehicle or getting in/out of the vehicle with extra pressure from the bottom edge of my vest pushing on it. I’m not a big guy, but I’m in/out of the truck a lot when we’re working lately. Either way EssTac is good to go and they stand behind their gear. Just my .02 thus far

User Tag List