0 0%
  • Other

3 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Worstest Thanksgiving Dish Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I have a great pumpkin pie story......

I like pumpkin pie anyway, but my mother has a recipe that I love. Several years ago my wife decided to make it, but it didn’t turn out quite right. On and on this went, I think I ate 15 pies, still saying the flavor was off. My wife, in a fit of anger said the recipe was identical and I was being picky because it wasn’t my mom’s cooking. I refuted her claim with evidence that my mom was an adequate cook but my wife was in fact a better cook. The pie wasn’t right yet.

So I called mom and we discussed the recipe. Realizing the only thing that was different was the pie crusts we were buying, I went out and bought the same crusts she always used and my wife made two more pies. Result was perfection, just like mom always made. Those pie crusts may have saved a marriage, lol.

Moms pie recipe has plenty of cinnamon and nutmeg in it. My maternal grandmother used to complain every Thanksgiving about my moms “spicy pies” as they are not the typical bland tasting pumpkin pie, but are in fact a whole different animal. It’s the only traditional thanksgiving dish that I truly love and have had them made for my birthday in lieu of cake more than once.
    If you dare, have your wife make the crust from scratch with good grass fed butter and fresh pastry flower. It will then even be better than mom's. Trust me. Good things.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 11-18-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    You ever had legit, made-from-scratch, homemade macaroni and cheese? I would gladly have that with Thanksgiving dinner.
    Heck yeah. I like freshly cooked bacon bits, fancy cajun sausage, fresh garden tomatoes and cayenne in mine. I'm not saying it is not good, just that I don't think it's appropriate for thanksgiving.

My initial post was a bit misleading about Mac & Cheese though. I still usually think of junk when I think of Mac & Cheese.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 11-18-2020 at 09:10 PM.

User Tag List