4 3.92%
  • Apple Pie

0 0%
  • Other

3 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Worstest Thanksgiving Dish Ever

I like brussel sprouts, but the wife can't stand them... she says they taste like farts smell.

Candied yams are usually okay but if you put raisins in it then your soul is already lost to the Void.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Little Green Balls of Death are never appropriate for any meal. Don't bother cooking them, just put them in the compost heap.
    What?!?- and ruin a perfectly good compost heap!?!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I use Alton Brown's green bean casserole recipe, have for years, and I get requests for it regularly. I haven't worked holidays in years, but I cater dinner at work for the single kids stuck working the holidays. No canned cream of anything, fresh beans, fresh mushrooms, cream, and home done panko onions.

pat
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Greenbean casserole is a hot side dish consisting of canned or frozen green beans combined with cream soup (usually cream of mushroom), milk, and covered with canned crispy fried onions. Popular seasonings include soysauce and black pepper.

I can understand the hate for conventional green bean casserole.

The version I'm familiar with replaces the milk with cream cheese and dry ranch dressing mix and adds chopped up thick bacon. This version is a big hit and the first leftover to be gone.
    The Thanksgiving Regulatory Committee convened over the night and heard your arguments. It was decided that neither of you were able to provide sufficient evidence that Green Bean Casserole is a suitable dish for Thanksgiving, despite the addition of bacon being brought in as evidence. There are no appeals and you must wait until at least November 1st 2021 to file again.

Thank you.

Other - All of the above.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I like brussel sprouts, but the wife can't stand them... she says they taste like farts smell.
    She's right.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    She's right.
    again, not food.

Site Supporter
    The holidays......here is an idea for ya !!

Stuffed possum with cabbage carrots rice an gravy

Name:  Possum.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  36.2 KB

I have a great pumpkin pie story......

I like pumpkin pie anyway, but my mother has a recipe that I love. Several years ago my wife decided to make it, but it didn’t turn out quite right. On and on this went, I think I ate 15 pies, still saying the flavor was off. My wife, in a fit of anger said the recipe was identical and I was being picky because it wasn’t my mom’s cooking. I refuted her claim with evidence that my mom was an adequate cook but my wife was in fact a better cook. The pie wasn’t right yet.

So I called mom and we discussed the recipe. Realizing the only thing that was different was the pie crusts we were buying, I went out and bought the same crusts she always used and my wife made two more pies. Result was perfection, just like mom always made. Those pie crusts may have saved a marriage, lol.

Moms pie recipe has plenty of cinnamon and nutmeg in it. My maternal grandmother used to complain every Thanksgiving about my moms “spicy pies” as they are not the typical bland tasting pumpkin pie, but are in fact a whole different animal. It’s the only traditional thanksgiving dish that I truly love and have had them made for my birthday in lieu of cake more than once.

I think this is a better place than the meme thread for this.

Name:  48d9dcf89cef61af2d40f09cf10d863859ea4c44fba59ada0a19128a92dbc568.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  46.5 KB

User Tag List