• Apple Pie

0 0%
  • Other

3 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Worstest Thanksgiving Dish Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here but unless you've lost your teeth or they haven't come in yet, mashed potatoes are a bullshit waste of carbs.
    Since it is impolite to drink gravy directly from the boat, I am presented with few options.

I really do like plain old mashed potatoes but given the same amount of effort would rather have boiled small ones, baked big ones, twice baked medium ones, latke, or kartoffelknoedel / kopytka.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Since it is impolite to drink gravy directly from the boat, I am presented with few options.

I really do like plain old mashed potatoes but given the same amount of effort would rather have boiled small ones, baked big ones, twice baked medium ones, latke, or kartoffelknoedel / kopytka.
    I do like potatoes. It's mostly a texture thing. I feel like the cook is baby-birding me.

Site Supporter
    That reads like a list of my favorite foods. Consequently, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    That reads like a list of my favorite foods. Consequently, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
    I'm right there with ya. There was nothing on that list I wouldn't eat. There were a couple things I wouldn't pick for my first pass, but nothing I'd turn my nose up to.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Roasted Brussels sprouts are excellent. A bit of oil, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, dice up some bacon and onions, mix and roast at 425'F for about 30 minutes. Drizzle on some Balsamic vinegar before serving.
    Holy hell that sounds delicious.

Who the fuck eats Mac & Cheese for the holidays?

Why not top ramen for your birthday dinner too?

How about jello for a wedding anniversary?

Is nothing sacred?

The majority of traditional holiday dishes are simply gross because they are somehow ruined such as putting marshmellows on sweet potatoes. Or not making cranberry sauce from scratch. Or cooking the meat wrong:

Most pumpkin pie is crap, but if you actually find a good recipe (with plenty of cloves, cinnamon, pastry crust with plenty of butter or ghee etc) it can be really great.

I've had terrible anything during the holidays, but for example with Brussels sprouts, they can be made to be really good (my better half makes them the same way) usually made in a cast iron with bacon grease:

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Roasted Brussels sprouts are excellent. A bit of oil, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, dice up some bacon and onions, mix and roast at 425'F for about 30 minutes. Drizzle on some Balsamic vinegar before serving.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 11-12-2020 at 01:30 PM.

After reading through this thread, I realize that most of you have never been truly hungry. I'm not talking about you skipped breakfast and lunch is 45 minutes late hungry I'm talking about having to drag you busted ass through the desert turning over rocks to find bugs type hungry. If you have, you have forgotten. I don't think there is a food I wouldn't eat, I know there is some I would prefer not to have to eat...

This will be my first thanksgiving since I change my diet. It will be interesting with no carbs and no sugars...

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    All I'm going to say to that is that I was once homeless and living on the street for about a year, and lost sixty pounds. There's not that many people in the first world that know hunger any better than I do.

Thankfully no Jigsaw-type supervillains kidnapped me and locked me in a room with unlimited pumpkin pie to eat and pumpkin lattes to drink, and no other way to survive. Truly, some crimes are beyond even the worst imaginations of Inquisition sadists.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Student
    Dude, you just don't know someone might have a shoe rack full of ugg boots waiting. Your size might be in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Brussels Sprouts are vile and disgusting.
    B. Sprouts, like Kale, are not food. You can pass them, much like you can a marble, but they are not food. Somewhere, someone who was taking a leak on the side of the road saw a funny looking weed in a ditch and decided to play a joke on a friend. That person has been laughing their ass off ever since, having exposed a planet of non-critical thinkers.

User Tag List