Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 is the new 350

100 is the new 350

This ammo shortage is getting old. My wife and I used to shoot +/- 350 rounds at a practice session. With no end to the shortage in sight, we decided to make “two boxes” our standard practice session. To make that more valuable, we have been dry firing before, planning our drills in advance, dry firing during the session, and generally trying to be efficient. At this point, 100 rounds is starting to feel just about right. Hope 100 doesn’t become 10!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

About all I can say is that I'm glad I socked away cases of .22LR. 2021 = 10/22.

I remember Tom Givens talking about how several of his published drills came out of the last shortage in 2012/13, when people had to find ways to get some meaningful practice out of a 50 round box.

Two boxes per month is going to hold me for a while. One box on B8s/informal bullseye and one box on the shot timer with first shot from holstered (duty and concealed) plus reload drills.

I'll be okay for a bit. When I run out I'll switch over to wheelguns (.38/.357)

Regards.

Same here. Although today was more of a 250 day. @cheby and I happened to be at the range simultaneously, and had a fun and very productive session.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Enjoyed the day off at the range. I had a 100 rd written plan for 9mm and shot up an oddlot of 50ish .40 chasing two consecutive sub 6 second FAST runs. I failed btw. Having had only 4 live fire sessions since COVID is really impacting my speed when I fail to dry fire with a timer in any meaningful way.

Concur w GJM to a Platinum degree that 100 is the max live fire loadstar for a good long while.

I can’t find any ammo in stock and I refuse to pay nearly $1/round for WWB or Tula on the auction sites. I haven’t been able to train the way I normally train. In fact, I’m hunkered down right now, not shooting at all. Finances didn’t allow me to create a huge stockpile before this all hit. Sadly, I don’t see this changing anytime soon. I foresee this continuing through 2021.

Site Supporter
    Global Ordnance had Tula cases for $400 today. I ordered a couple backorder cases from elsewhere at a bit more than that. I've got a heap of ammo still, but at current rates, I'll start shooting into that before too long, but not at 1500/month. Still got to try and find ammo for students that don't have/can't find any. That's the only reason I'll order at .50/round. Yick.

Site Supporter
    Global Ordnance had Tula cases for $400 today. I ordered a couple backorder cases from elsewhere at a bit more than that. I've got a heap of ammo still, but at current rates, I'll start shooting into that before too long, but not at 1500/month. Still got to try and find ammo for students that don't have/can't find any. That's the only reason I'll order at .50/round. Yick.

This has me a little worried.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...acklog-billion

This shortage is going into extra innings. It will be with us for at least a year.

Primers and bullets are gone. The next thing to go will be powder. I have to do some inventory now to see if I can get thru a 1 year drought. I'll probably need some bullets in a few months. Doesn't look good.
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-11-2020 at 10:14 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List