Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with SBS

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Dad finds it to be a bit faster than the full aperture, but that may be just a matter of personal preference on his part. Everyone's eyes are a bit different after all. I do think it makes a big difference in speed and uncluttering the sight picture if you're running a red dot with co-witnessed irons, but as you said, you're not looking to run a dot on it. In that case, the Wilson ghost rings should do you just fine.

Here's a link to a P&S modcast we were on a few years back, where he explains his thoughts behind it.
    Lol, just caught your name in your signature below – how awesome is this forum?

Yes, your dad’s U-notch sights look very cool – I feel my eyes do better with pistol sights than rifle irons (AR post-type) so I would definitely consider those. But that is probably apples to oranges when compared to the two shotgun systems, Ghost v U-notch.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Not a red dot – just not really interested at this time. May be short-sighted, I know.

Wilson just does the ghost rings, so that’s why I haven’t really considered the rifle sights. I did see the RH u-notch – looks cool, what is the actual benefit?
    I have it in the CROM, I find it faster than the regular ghost ring and equally as precise. I find rifle sight LE more precise than ghost rings.

The RDS is the champ though. I really want one on my SBS 870. The traditional RDS solution is receiver mounted like the CROM. However Vangcomp has done some barrel mounted RMR’s which look pretty neat.

Good stuff…

Not sure what Wilson charges for their work, but I cn say I am very happy with what Vang Comp has done. 12.5" LOP with full Vang upgrades. One of my favorite guns to shoot. Need to add the limb saver though. The Vang sights offer a pic rail so I can add a red dot. I have had a Aimpoint on it in the past.

Name:  BF3F851F-60AF-4C51-86C7-74F6427ADC62_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  98.4 KB
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Not sure what Wilson charges for their work, but I cn say I am very happy with what Vang Comp has done. 12.5" LOP with full Vang upgrades. One of my favorite guns to shoot. Need to add the limb saver though. The Vang sights offer a pic rail so I can add a red dot. I have had a Aimpoint on it in the past.

Name:  BF3F851F-60AF-4C51-86C7-74F6427ADC62_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  98.4 KB
    Wood stocked shotgun perfection right there.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I've long maintained that if someone could figure out a way to make a functional, durable, wooden Magpul stock, I'd have them on all my gauges.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Wood stocked shotgun perfection right there.
    Thank you
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    * Whatever mag extension that the 14" barrel can support
    The Wilson +1 extension goes nearly even with the muzzle of a 14" barrel.

Here's a +1 extension which came with my Tac-14 Remington. I don't who made the extension or where to get one separately. I screwed in my own QD socket, which didn't come with the extension.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Here's a +1 extension which came with my Tac-14 Remington. I don't who made the extension or where to get one separately. I screwed in my own QD socket, which didn't come with the extension.
    I've seen a few of those types over the years, and they get really interesting when someone misses that the sling has covered the muzzle before they press trigger.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List