Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pants suitable for Pocket J-frame carry

Duluth cargo pants are the way.

These aren't bad:

https://ccwbreakaways.com/

I've got a couple pairs. Pros: adjustable pocket lengths to better fit whatever you're carrying; breakaway pocket tops to clear the draw; shifts the pistol more towards the inner thigh instead of the outer leg which breaks up the pattern more. Cons: style wise they're a little baggy in the front; the wide pocket openings make it easy for things to fall out of the non-carry pocket when seated; they are prone to linting badly until they've been through a few washes.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    These aren't bad:

https://ccwbreakaways.com/

I've got a couple pairs. Pros: adjustable pocket lengths to better fit whatever you're carrying; breakaway pocket tops to clear the draw; shifts the pistol more towards the inner thigh instead of the outer leg which breaks up the pattern more. Cons: style wise they're a little baggy in the front; the wide pocket openings make it easy for things to fall out of the non-carry pocket when seated; they are prone to linting badly until they've been through a few washes.
    Does the company also make stripper tearaway pants?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Duluth is about all I wear. Even their jeans can pocket a J frame. At least the pair of flex I have will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Wal-Mart Wrangler jeans and Lee Extreme Comfort 6-pocket khakis from Kohl’s work for me with J pocket carry.
    I have medium hands and skinny fingers that allow me to get a firing grip while still in pocket with these.
    Someone with large hands and sausage fingers may not fare as well.
    Inexpensive as well.

Levis 550

511 tactical pants style 74251 tend to have deep pockets and work perfectly with a J-frame in a pocket holster.

I have also had a tailor deepen the pockets of my dress slacks to allow them to be deep enough to carry a gun in a pocket holster. This will not work with slacks or pants that are designed to have a tight fit to your body, but rather those with a looser fit. Most pants pockets are too small to fit anything useful. The key thing is to have it made deep, but not too deep, otherwise the gun in the pocket holster will be tapping into your knee all day.

I like wearing my Cabela’s brand side pocket 5.11 type pants when I pocket carry my G42.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Nut huggers and low waist don't help. Generous pockets and a size up and a good belt. Kinda like IWB pants.

If the pocket allows the gun to sit on your quad it will print worse. It should sit above the hump of your leg.

Your view from the top is much worse than the view from the front.

The bigger issue is not the printing but rather the master grip and drawing with said grip.

In todays world peeps carry phones and wallets and shit in their pockets. Put something behind (toward the rear of the pocket) the gun to break up the outline.

If you feel someone is staring at your "Barry like appendage" put your hand in your pocket. Or a bit longer shirt to cover the top of the print.

Site Supporter
    Carhartts -- both the soft twill relaxed fit work pant and the cargo pant. I think the work pant (which really is softer and more casual than a standard carhartt) looks less sloppy, though I like the utility of cargo pants.

https://www.carhartt.com/products/ca...laxed-Fit-B324

Either an uncle mikes with cardboard or a tuff product holster works.

I hardly ever buy jeans anymore, because the pockets are too small.

User Tag List