Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pants suitable for Pocket J-frame carry

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    Carhartt and Duluth. Cargo conceals better than carpenter.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Duluth is my preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Duluth cargo pants are the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Duluth is about all I wear. Even their jeans can pocket a J frame. At least the pair of flex I have will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I started a thread about this a while back if you want to look for it. Deluth changed the pocket dimensions and they are no longer a go to for pocket carry. I actually went to a Deluth store and tried everyhing except fire hose. The only thing I found that worked for me were the ultra light material shorts with the horizontal pocket and cargo.

ETA heres the thread. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1106931
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Cool

Saw an video by Hilton Yam, on two versions of Vertex pants, with side pockets for magazines. Good article, he went through shot timer tests and he was hitting virtually the same times doing reloads from the pocket as a standard mag. pouch. But his a pretty accomplished guy with a pistol.

I ordered two versions, the Cutback Technical Pant and The Delta Stretch 2.0. Both are good quality (though foreign produced, at least not China) and have held up well. The Delta model has a vertical zipper and inner pocket that conceals a J-frame in a Blue Force Gear pocket holster very well. The "main" pocket sits outside of it and if you put your normal pocket stuff in really breaks up any profile.

Now, if you have to unzip the pocket and pull the J-frame, you won't be quick w/o lots of practice, but every advantage (conceivability in this case) usually carries a disadvantage or two. Same pant also conceals a G43 in a BFG pocket holster equally well.

You can see his video at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfb5E3uNT6c&t=139s

Towards the end he gives a discount code for Vertex, which takes some of the sting out of Vertex pricing!
    Last edited by B0308; 11-21-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B0308 View Post
    I'm looking for his video (can't find it as the site I saw it on is down) but he gave a discount code that took some of the pain out of Vertex pricing. Probably on his 10-8 Performance YouTube channel.
    This one?

Gater,

Thanks, apparently he does the Vertex thing in #9 and #14, which was the one I first saw.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by B0308 View Post
    Gater,

Thanks, apparently he does the Vertex thing in #9 and #14, which was the one I first saw.

Cheers,
    Thanks for flagging these...had given up on Vertx due to sizing inconsistencies, but sounds like these are worth a look.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Arborwear pants have incredibly generous pockets and they are tough as well. I carry a Glock 17 magazine, RMT tourniquet, and micro USB Streamlight in my front left pocket. Front right is work keys, badge, victorinox, flat wallet, work key card.

A J Frame in a Safariland pocket holster disappears.

User Tag List