Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Kinda related to this topic, one of the things that hang me up slightly on putting on my holster is the PTD loops. The snap as it comes is quite stiff to get attached, and requires a bit of wearing in.

I found that a light application of some Flitz metal polish on a patch takes the edge off the snaps, so they are much much easier to connect up. I followed the Flitz by cleaning and then a wipe with some Slip 2000 EWL. Much much happer with the process of holstering up now.

Attachment 66602
    Not sure if you've noticed, but your holster is backwards. I imagine the loops are easier to snap when they are on the right side of the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Not sure if you've noticed, but your holster is backwards. I imagine the loops are easier to snap when they are on the right side of the holster.
    Huh? I don't understand.

Huh? I don't understand.
    Insecure righties try to poke fun at lefties because they are threatened by our superior human capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Insecure righties try to poke fun at lefties because they are threatened by our superior human capabilities.
    Ah! Went right over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Dude! You rock! I've got to try this out.
    Thank you very glad!
    You are most welcome!

Quick update: I've decided that stuffing to 12g total weight is a bit "fat" and 8g is a bit "skinny" so I'm in the process of ripping the seams out of one of my prototypes to weight it to 10g, hopefully that will be the "just right" total weight for me.

Still loving AIWB and in particular this concept of the JCP, it is really cool.

Dude! You rock! I've got to try this out.
    Thank you very glad!
    I forgot to mention @Clusterfrack. This idea is genius!
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I forgot to mention @Clusterfrack. This idea is genius!
    Absolutely! It's a fantastic idea, for sure.

Quick update on progress: I seam-ripped trial unit number Echo and pulled out enough Poly-fil to make it 10 grams, overall weight. Then stitched it up. I think this weight seems to be about right for a compact JCP. It has sufficient springiness to the pillow but doesn't stand the muzzle end off too much. If were making one again, I'd get a scale and weigh it to 10 grams, as a starting point.

Gee I really wish there was a JCP Pattern for "Full Size" holsters...

'Ere ya go:

jcp__pattern1.pdf

With the proviso I've not made one this size, this is simply a slightly scaled up version of the compact. It's 11" which is as big a piece of convenient paper, not the 12" which @Clusterfrack started with. Obviously once you "get it" about how to sew these you just need a fabric so long by so wide.

It should end up slightly bigger than the compact, but not by a huge amount. I also tidied up some other errors and corrected some of the colors in the drawing.

So I’ve been carrying the G48 AIWB in a DSG Hitchhiker w Dark Wing and JCP pretty well for a few weeks. The only thing that’s a bit of a PITA are the PTD loops. They are a bit fiddly to get past the pants, under the belt and snapped each time.

Have any of you guys used the DCC clips? Was thinking of ordering a couple of these ones from Tom to try out:

https://darkstargear.com/product/dcc-m4u-15/

Site Supporter
    So I’ve been carrying the G48 AIWB in a DSG Hitchhiker w Dark Wing and JCP pretty well for a few weeks. The only thing that’s a bit of a PITA are the PTD loops. They are a bit fiddly to get past the pants, under the belt and snapped each time.

Have any of you guys used the DCC clips? Was thinking of ordering a couple of these ones from Tom to try out:

https://darkstargear.com/product/dcc-m4u-15/
    I use DCC clips on pretty much everything now. Totally worth it.

@RJ, I have a DCC Monoblock clip on my LCR holster. This works great for clipping a relatively small and light gun directly to the pants, with the belt on top. I do not like the DCC clips over a belt. They are sharp, and catch on things.

I've tried pretty much every type of loop or clip, and the PTD snap loops are what I've settled on. They give some lateral adjustability around various belt loops. The snap loops are soft and stay put when I take my live gun out and grapple with a blue gun.

Also, there have been a couple of times when (for reasons) I had to take my gun & holster off quickly and stow it. The snap loops are excellent for that.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List