Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I didn't know I needed these, but have 4 on the way now.
    Me too.

I went ahead and checked my local Costco, no stock. So I ordered 4xsize L in black direct. I’m not having issues, the DSG has a full sweatguard and I’m not feeling any pain. These would be more for classes and what not.

In related news, I just completed two days carrying the G48 AIWB in complete comfort. If youd’ve said I could do this, six months ago, I would have said that’s completely nuts.

We did an hour drive to Venice FL and back to check on our house, walked around, ate out several places, shopped for furniture, got gas etc. with zero issues. I had moved the pad maybe 1/4” to ease some hot spots. That’s it. It’s kind of like the feeling I get carrying in a fanny pack. My MMT belt isn’t cinching down tight like I have to with behind the hip. The gun isn’t digging into the seatback when driving. I feel like my dry draws, at 1.6-1.8s, without any real structured practice, are vastly quicker than behind the hip.

Now I’m kinda wondering if Tom makes a hitchhiker for a G34...

The Orion, and yes.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

For undershirts, I've had good luck with UnderArmour. The one's below are well-made and fairly cheap. I usually wear a Columbia Tamiami fishing shirt on top to conceal.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...chsstxxxxxapta

Purely for my own amusement, I mocked up a "G34 AIWB" holster from an old BT OWB flipped over, drilled, with a PTD loop.

Name:  IMG_8110.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  99.4 KB

Astonishingly, to me anyway, it was actually workable. The top of the slide rear/beavertail made a bit of an impression on my middle, and the longer slide meant less ability for me to "bend" at the waist. But I was frankly astonished that I could actually get away with carrying a pistol this size.

Name:  IMG_8109.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  39.7 KB

If only I had a gun that was in between the G48 and G34 in size...that held 15 rounds...that could accept an SCD...

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    If only I had a gun that was in between the G48 and G34 in size...that held 15 rounds...that could accept an SCD...
    Yeah, sounds like you need a G17 Orion for your G19.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Yeah, sounds like you need a G17 Orion for your G19.
    Get thee behind me Satan.

But yeah, you are probably right. Talk about mind blown. If I had known that I could basically get away with a G17 sized gun three years ago...that was sitting in my hands...woah. (to be fair, there's NO WAY I would be doing this without having dropped the weight.) So I have drawn back from the brink of selling my (well worn) G19. I just realized I had a spare Ameriglo 0.180" tritium front, which I just put on. Ordered a 0.256" rear from MGW as I've managed to lose mine somewhere or other. And of course the G17/34 mags will work just fine.

Anyway, back on topic: I can't say enough about all the AIWB help that this thread has provided me in the last few weeks. Carrying this way the last few days it just makes perfect sense. I don't see me ever going back to behind the hip. I really appreciate you guys.

Oh don't pretend it's my fault, you haven't seen anything even close to the worst of it yet. First you'll need the G17 Orion for your 19, then hell, may as well get one for the 34 too, since you have it. Then you'll decide whether you like the 17 or 34 length better and find you really need that length for your 48 too so everything's consistent, and oh right, gotta have a Koala for the 19/17/34 mags, and spares are a good idea, and . . .

And then Tom will have as much of your money as Tony has of mine.

But yeah, you are probably right. Talk about mind blown. If I had known that I could basically get away with a G17 sized gun three years ago...that was sitting in my hands...woah. (to be fair, there's NO WAY I would be doing this without having dropped the weight.) So I have drawn back from the brink of selling my (well worn) G19. I just realized I had a spare Ameriglo 0.180" tritium front, which I just put on. Ordered a 0.256" rear from MGW as I've managed to lose mine somewhere or other. And of course the G17/34 mags will work just fine.

Anyway, back on topic: I can't say enough about all the AIWB help that this thread has provided me in the last few weeks. Carrying this way the last few days it just makes perfect sense. I don't see me ever going back to behind the hip. I really appreciate you guys.
    You do realize you could've tried one for just the cost of shipping?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    You do realize you could've tried one for just the cost of shipping?
    THanks Tom, I’ll definitely keep that in mind. Much appreciated!

Weight loss has been a major factor in making AIWB comfortable and concealable for me. I had a small gut and losing a few pounds has done wonders for both.

I am carrying my 26 or 19 in a JM Kydex 2.5 on an Enigma. I am considering buying a holster for my 34 since they are working so well.

User Tag List