Thread: For the cold and pain, horse poop

Site Supporter

For the cold and pain, horse poop

Take a tip from the Pandas!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/07/s...orse-poop.html

But it really is something that the charismatic mammals will do in the Qinling Mountains in China. The bears sniff out fresh horse droppings, lay themselves down and roll their bulky bodies in the muck, using their paws to really make sure they are covered from the tip of their fuzzy ears to the bottom of their tails, until their black and white fur is another shade entirely.

The behavior may help the pandas tolerate cold temperatures because a compound in horse dung, the researchers propose in the paper published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, may short-circuit a cellular thermostat that makes pandas sensitive to chill.
    Hopefully, no one suggests this as treatment for Covid-19. Let the full of .... jokes now commence.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Drug companies isolating those compunds for a topical salve in 3....2....1.....

"Introducing new Equincaca, a topical salve to relieve pain and freezing sensations!"
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Drug companies isolating those compunds for a topical salve in 3....2....1.....

"Introducing new Equincaca, a topical salve to relieve pain and freezing sensations!"
    I'm sure stranger things have been used in medicine...

Byetta (Exenatide) Edit
    In October 1996, Dr. John Eng licensed his discovery, exendin-4 to Amylin. Dr. Eng discovered exendin-4 in the venom of a Gila monster.[12] Exendin-4 is similar to the human gut hormone GLP-1, which is responsible for regulating insulin and glucagon release.[13] Unlike human GLP-1, however, exendin-4 doesn’t degrade for hours, making it a much better candidate for a drug.[12] Amylin developed exenatide, a synthetic version of exendin-4. In 2002, Eli Lilly signed an agreement with Amylin for $325 million to partner in development of exenatide.[14] In May 2005, Byetta (commercial name for exenatide) was approved in the United States.[15]

I am SO surprised to see excrement in the pages of the NYT.
    Shumba

Site Supporter
    I mean, human fecal transplants are a thing, so...

Horse poop has long been used for chapped lips.

It won't heal the chapped lips, but it will keep you from licking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Take a tip from the Pandas!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/07/s...orse-poop.html

Hopefully, no one suggests this as treatment for Covid-19. Let the full of .... jokes now commence.
    Well, if my dogs' "natural wisdom" is to be trusted, deer guts, not horse poop, is the royal road to health.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

The good and bad, horse poop-wise, of winter in Idaho. Frozen horse poop is easy to pick up with a manure fork, no shovel required. OTOH, frozen horse poop doesn't lend itself to the "roll in horse poop naked" COVID-19 cure. If the virus sticks around until spring I might give this a try however.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    The good and bad, horse poop-wise, of winter in Idaho. Frozen horse poop is easy to pick up with a manure fork, no shovel required. OTOH, frozen horse poop doesn't lend itself to the "roll in horse poop naked" COVID-19 cure. If the virus sticks around until spring I might give this a try however.
    That could work, for if you roll around in fresh manure, nobody’ll get close enough to you to give you COVID.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List