• $1.07-$1.17

3 5.00%
  • $1.18-$1.29

1 1.67%
  • Above $1.29

10 16.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Predict the Price of 9mm on 20 Jan 2021

For a while, 9mm was nearly unavailable regardless of price. I am starting to see it available at high prices, which suggests it isn’t selling out at those prices. My gut says, barring some new event, ammo prices will start falling. How far and how quickly is anyone’s guess.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For a while, 9mm was nearly unavailable regardless of price. I am starting to see it available at high prices, which suggests it isn’t selling out at those prices. My gut says, barring some new event, ammo prices will start falling. How far and how quickly is anyone’s guess.
    I think some of the prices will depend on what happens after Jan 20th. I also think people who have spent their money and are done.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    I mentioned elsewhere that the local Cabela's had a good deal of Winchester Active Duty FMJ for $.35 a round just sitting on the shelves. On line it is a $1.00 a round.

We now have tons of toilet paper and paper towel around here. It is spotty day to day but large shipments arrive. That will eventually happen to the ammo supply.

Now, quality SD, HP - might take awhile.

I think it will be back to $200/case.

Up slightly to 58 cents per round average, this week.

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-12-19 08-02-23.png
Views: 398
Size:  53.3 KB

Average of lowest 5 brass new on Ammoseek continues to edge downward; $0.02 drop this week, to $0.56 cents per round today:

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-12-26 08-00-06.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  35.8 KB

I think it's going to continue to drop. If anything Jan 20 will bring stability. Until legislation is proposed or executive orders are announced it will keep dropping.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I think it's going to continue to drop. If anything Jan 20 will bring stability. Until legislation is proposed or executive orders are announced it will keep dropping.
    Yeah that is what makes me jittery. I don't think it will come right out the gate, but if there is another mass shooting that makes headlines, expect a panic exacerbation.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I wonder how many people have given up on even trying to buy ammo. That would create at least a temporary drop in demand, right?
    I for one, will not be buying factory ammo this coming year. Before this all kicked off, I believe I had purchased / used 3k rounds. Annualized that would have been 12k, but I dusted off the Dillon. My ammo use has decreased, due to factors outside of availability. Regardless, my dollars will not be going to factory ammo for at least 12 months.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I for one, will not be buying factory ammo this coming year. Before this all kicked off, I believe I had purchased / used 3k rounds. Annualized that would have been 12k, but I dusted off the Dillon. My ammo use has decreased, due to factors outside of availability. Regardless, my dollars will not be going to factory ammo for at least 12 months.
    No plans to buy any ammo in 2021 either. If I can't load it I won't be shooting it.

Personally I hope the prices drop substantially because this market is hurting new shooters and everyone that shoots factory ammo.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List