Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS choices for M&P Compact 4" optics-ready

In terms of durability, there is reliability with high round counts, and durability when dropping the optic on large rocks. I am yet to break a single SRO, and have been using them as primary since they came out. I have dropped them, but not onto large rocks. I have broken more than a handful of RMR optics, type 1 and 2, and have a 2 on the way back from Trijicon right now.

Based on my experience, I think the SRO is tougher than a RMR over high round counts. I do think auto intensity works better on the RMR than the SRO.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Follow-up Q for the RMR users. My new RMR came in, when you hold it up to a bright light source, the rear of the lens looks like it has some kind of residue or maybe small pitting or scratches on it. Call Trijicon, they said clean with Qtips and eyeglass cleaner + microfiber, did that, no change.

Has anyone else seen that with RMR's? Doesn't look normal for any optic I've seen, and doesn't clean off easily. Thinking I should just return (which is no problem where I got it).

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Based on my experience, I think the SRO is tougher than a RMR over high round counts. I do think auto intensity works better on the RMR than the SRO.
    Good info, I should have the opportunity to swap given I'm returning the RMR. Maybe I'll give SRO a try instead.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Follow-up Q for the RMR users. My new RMR came in, when you hold it up to a bright light source, the rear of the lens looks like it has some kind of residue or maybe small pitting or scratches on it. Call Trijicon, they said clean with Qtips and eyeglass cleaner + microfiber, did that, no change.

Has anyone else seen that with RMR's? Doesn't look normal for any optic I've seen, and doesn't clean off easily. Thinking I should just return (which is no problem where I got it).
    I can't say that I have. Most people complain about the slight tint (which never bothered me. Could you post photos?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I can't say that I have. Most people complain about the slight tint (which never bothered me. Could you post photos?
    It's returned already. Had a couple folks look at it with me, everyone agreed there was some kind of pitting on the inside surface of the lens.

Probably the best course of action. Sometimes I think guys spend a lot of time trying to fix something they should just return, exchange, or have fixed.

Have an SRO inbound to try. Gotta' love Eurooptic, but I spend too much whenever I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Have an SRO inbound to try. Gotta' love Eurooptic, but I spend too much whenever I'm there.
    You’re about to get spoiled there buddy...

The SRO rocks. I’d carry one on duty... and that’s after dropping one on purpose three times on concrete. It had no damage from the three foot drop, cracked a bunch on the four foot but held zero and still useable, and the five foot drop didn’t really do any more damage. It held zero and did a 30 click box test after each drop. Better performance than the Leupold DPP in that respect. In fact, in regards to the whole 3,4, and 5 foot test it beat out the Holosun HE509T... sorta. though I’m a bigger fan of the 509T for duty use overall.

My two personal SROs have been awesome. I have a 2.5 MOA and a 1.0 MOA. The big window is great and I love the top load battery even though it’s a little bit of a pain to change it. My recommendation is to get Duracell batteries and get rid of the Energizer that comes with the SRO. The Duracell’s will last longer.

My department (with a little input from me) approved the SRO for duty and we have several guys using them. Until I got a 509T, the ACRO would have been my duty choice (for me...) but the SRO is right behind and it’s on my main teaching/training gun.

We also did authorize the Holosuns and new version DPP after testing so I have the option of RMR, SRO, Aimpoint ACRO, Sig Romeo 1 Pro, Leupold DPP, and the Holosun line. They all work in my experience, and they all have advantages and disadvantages.

^Great info from duty/real-world use. Thx for posting.

In the spirit of no free lunch, see my thread on the SRO with a low sun angle. I am going RMR and Acro for now on my Compact, but really want a 509T when the Boom squad releases their plate in the near future.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List