Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS choices for M&P Compact 4" optics-ready

I just bought another 509T yesterday.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just bought another 509T yesterday.
    Absent battery life considerations, thoughts on it in comparison to the Acro?

I'm interested but have concerns about the foot print.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Absent battery life considerations, thoughts on it in comparison to the Acro?

I'm interested but have concerns about the foot print.
    I love aimpoint products but assuming the 509T turns out to be reliable, I think it is a substantially better pistol product. Smaller footprint, bigger display, longer battery life, reticle choices.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Called Dawson, this is the right FO sight set for M&P core with RMR: https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...r-optic-front/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Was about to hit submit on a 6 MOA RMR, then saw the SRO in a 'related items' list. I like the look of the larger FOV.

I wonder if the SRO is a bit more 'fragile' than RMR, for carry purposes? It doesn't look from the pics like the supporting frame is quite as beefy. ETA also it looks like it sits up a bit higher, which would affect the carry height for me. Found a page with an Aaron C video showing a drop that breaks SRO, and mentions it's not recommended for 'duty' role, and says he wouldn't personally use it for cc.
    I would happily carry a SRO. Can it get broken - sure. Risk vs reward. Not jumping out of airplanes anymore.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I would happily carry a SRO. Can it get broken - sure. Risk vs reward. Not jumping out of airplanes anymore.
    Thanks. Is the main difference/appeal of it the large FOV?

Site Supporter
    So here's what I got, Midway had both:
    - RMRcc 6.5 moa
    - RMRcc adapter plate for M&P Core optic-ready pistols (the new 4" M2 compact is compatible with the Core cut-outs)

Trijicon says the main differences in the RMRcc are slimmer lower profile (also fits single-stack carry guns incl. Sig P365, Shield, 1911, etc.), and lets you lock your brightness levels so you don't have to manually keep resetting. Main reason I wanted the cc is for low-pro carry and because this sight could eventually get switched to my 1911.

Called Dawson, this is the right FO sight set for M&P core with RMR: https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...r-optic-front/
    I had these on my full-size CORE, they'll give you a lower 1/3 co-witness using an RMR or Holosun 407/507.

Site Supporter
    Thanks. Is the main difference/appeal of it the large FOV?
    I am trading shoot ability - FOV - for armored durability

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am trading shoot ability - FOV - for armored durability
    Makes sense. I haven't shot with one or even held one in person, but saw a few side-by-side pics with RMR, yeah that's a massively larger FOV and I see the appeal.

User Tag List