Thread: Iron recommendations

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Iron recommendations

I *know* I've seen the information here before but I can't find it so pardon the new thread.

I want simple irons for a Glock 45 with the Holosun 507, probably just black/black. I'd prefer lower 1/3 cowitness, and my current duty ammo is 124gr +P if that matters in the slightest. Recommendations for irons?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Hammertime
    I don't think you can go wrong with Dawson Charger at whatever height you like.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/g...=MOS+Fixed+Set

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I *know* I've seen the information here before but I can't find it so pardon the new thread.

I want simple irons for a Glock 45 with the Holosun 507, probably just black/black. I'd prefer lower 1/3 cowitness, and my current duty ammo is 124gr +P if that matters in the slightest. Recommendations for irons?
    10-8 makes quality sights: 10-8 Glock sights

Their extra tall is all black.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Check out AngryBearArmsinc sights. I had them put on a recent 34 build by Battle Ready Arms (they suggested using them). Installed black on black and I'm running a 507c . Quality sights that are solid, simple and reasonably priced.

Ameriglo GL-429 if it’s for an MOS. Would obviously sit higher on a non-MOS.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

Here is the thread you were looking for.

FWIW I went with the Amerglo GL-470 on my 19.5MOS with CHPWS V4 plate and 507Cv2

Name:  A80E362A-7268-4993-9471-A7623FE75798.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  47.7 KB
    Name:  27B98659-76BC-4211-AFBA-D430FCDDC447.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  34.4 KB
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    I much prefer the Dawson's on my G45to the Ameriglos on my G19's. I'll be buying Dawson's for my MOS guns from now on. Serrated rear, set screw, better sight picture.

I just got a set of these in the mail:
    https://www.nightfision.com/product/...ng-color=Blank

Whey were doing a Black Friday special and I got them for something like 30% off so $70 shipped and I figured it was worth a go. With a chpws plate and the RMR on the gun the sights are just barely visible in the RMR window which is for me ideal as I can ignore them unless I end up needing them. If I line my eyes up with the sight the front sight is only like half way visible which is for me in this application ideal. I did strip the set screw they had in the rear sight but I was able to get it out and I think they will send me another, not that I'm at all worried about the rear sight moving.

Name:  NightFissionSights.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  44.1 KB

I have Ameriglo 429s on all three of my current Glock MOS guns. This includes:
    17/C&H Plate/SRO
    45/C&H Plate/509T
    19/Forward Controls Design plate/RMR.

I’m toying with trying a fiber optic front because after using the dot for a long time I’m having real trouble running black/black irons at any decent speed/urgency, especially when running a “dot” gun.

Upon the recommendation of Hilton Yam @ 10-8 I started using front green fiber and black rear.
    It's actually a very useful and intuitive setup for dot acquisition and as a reference point.
    If I see green upon draw, I automatically know that that I'm pointing too high and I can steer my muzzle downward using the green fiber as a guideline.

User Tag List