Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS choices for M&P Compact 4" optics-ready

RDS choices for M&P Compact 4" optics-ready

I have an M&P M2.0 Compact 4" optic-ready (SKU: 13143) inbound--these were recently released. Totally new to RDS on pistols, but tried a Venom on my 22/45, liked it. Next step is to try it on an M&P Compact.

What would be the handful of top options for RDS on a compact carry M&P?

* RMR (what about the new "RMR cc")?
    * DPP
    * Romeo 1 Pro?
    * Other?

Also, does anybody have suggestions on M&P sights to go with RDS? I like the Trijicon HD XR, but don't know if they have anything that tall. I can live with the factory sights if needed, I actually like the factory sights fairly well on the M&P's.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    I have an M&P M2.0 Compact 4" optic-ready (SKU: 13143) inbound--these were recently released. Totally new to RDS on pistols, but tried a Venom on my 22/45, liked it. Next step is to try it on an M&P Compact.

What would be the handful of top options for RDS on a compact carry M&P?

* RMR (what about the new "RMR cc")?
    * DPP
    * Romeo 1 Pro?
    * Other?

Also, does anybody have suggestions on M&P sights to go with RDS? I like the Trijicon HD XR, but don't know if they have anything that tall. I can live with the factory sights if needed, I actually like the factory sights fairly well on the M&P's.
    An RMR is the safe choice. Holosun 507 would probably be fine.

I would not go with a DP Pro or Romeo 1 Pro over the RMR/Holosun for reasons. RMRcc’s small size offers no advantage.

If you can get a plate that works, I am really liking the Holosun 509T. The SRO is another option.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I have SRO on my 5 inch M&P and really like it - I should have a M&P 2.0 Core full size soon and I am thinking SRO again.

Was about to hit submit on a 6 MOA RMR, then saw the SRO in a 'related items' list. I like the look of the larger FOV.

I wonder if the SRO is a bit more 'fragile' than RMR, for carry purposes? It doesn't look from the pics like the supporting frame is quite as beefy. ETA also it looks like it sits up a bit higher, which would affect the carry height for me. Found a page with an Aaron C video showing a drop that breaks SRO, and mentions it's not recommended for 'duty' role, and says he wouldn't personally use it for cc.
    Last edited by maximus83; 11-09-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Ok thanks for input, ordered the RMR 6.5 MOA. The M&P optic mount kit apparently has polymer adapters, so I'll need to update eventually to these options. Feedback/input on any of these is welcome.

* M&P M2.0 RMR adapter (the 1.0 and 2.0 adapter sizes are different): https://chpws.com/product/sw-core-2-0-1-975
    * Sights options if I upgrade the OEM: Trijicon, Dawson (not 100% if the Dawson would work, need to call them)

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Ok thanks for input, ordered the RMR 6.5 MOA. The M&P optic mount kit apparently has polymer adapters, so I'll need to update eventually to these options. Feedback/input on any of these is welcome.

* M&P M2.0 RMR adapter (the 1.0 and 2.0 adapter sizes are different): https://chpws.com/product/sw-core-2-0-1-975
    * Sights options if I upgrade the OEM: Trijicon, Dawson (not 100% if the Dawson would work, need to call them)
    https://chpws.com/product/sw-core-2-0-1-975
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I received my M2.0 optics-compact today. I mounted a Holosun 507c on it for now but I'm thinking of trying an SRO if I can find a deal on one during the upcoming holiday sales. In reference to the plastic optics plates, they may be fine but they seem overly big and hang over the slide so I also plan to get one of the CHPWS plates whenever they come back in stock. I'm looking forward to this pistol.
    Name:  PXL_20201110_022932616.jpg
Views: 5527
Size:  59.0 KB

I may sound like a stuck record, but I have yet to find a pistol optic that works as well as the Holosun 407CO with the 8moa ring
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter
    I may try the 509T if adapter plate becomes available

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I may try the 509T if adapter plate becomes available
    I am very interested in the 509T just need some mounting plates to be designed/made from those cool #BOOM guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List