Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would like to see a flashlight pouch made by Tony

Y’all don’t find the bezel down carry more challenging to conceal? It puts the widest part of the light over the belt where it’s going to stick out more in my experience.

Here’s what Darkstar Gear made me. Hides very well even with a 24rd mag.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Y’all don’t find the bezel down carry more challenging to conceal? It puts the widest part of the light over the belt where it’s going to stick out more in my experience.

If anything, I find that bezel down conceals better. Some bezel-up carriers I have used place the light too low, compromising both concealment and comfort.

Bezel down is also easier to grab. I can simply reach down with my hand in a very natural position, with the palm facing in, almost like I would to throw a vertical fist punch from the hip. My hand is perfectly positioned to grab the light with my thumb on the tail switch.

I also prefer the light to be in front of my magazines. Needing the light for some mundane task and not wanting to expose the magazines is much more likely than needing a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    If anything, I find that bezel down conceals better. Some bezel-up carriers I have used place the light too low, compromising both concealment and comfort.

Bezel down is also easier to grab. I can simply reach down with my hand in a very natural position, with the palm facing in, almost like I would to throw a vertical fist punch from the hip. My hand is perfectly positioned to grab the light with my thumb on the tail switch.

I also prefer the light to be in front of my magazines. Needing the light for some mundane task and not wanting to expose the magazines is much more likely than needing a magazine.
    Hmm. I wouldn’t wear a carrier that let the light fall too low below the belt regardless of orientation. For me the beer can grip is easier (like a rifle mag) but that’s probably because I wear it further back.

I prefer the mag up front because all my training and competition includes sweeping the belt until I find a mag. I don’t want to have to skip over a light. I can discreetly get the light from behind the mag. I’ve yet to need my light quickly.

It’s unlikely we will be able to provide a consensus for Tony to create a single solution. Lol!

Red face

Y’all don’t find the bezel down carry more challenging to conceal?
    I've found any vertically-carried light on the belt to be challenging due to concealment, ease-of-access or comfort issues.

For me it's really came down to a combination of the light itself and how I grip it that determines method of carry. I have settled on lights that are configured specifically for use with a cigar grip, and are short enough to ride comfortably and conceal well in a vertical carry;

These are my EDC lights with which I use a cigar grip exclusively. The grip works well for general use and at least for me, superbly for use with a pistol a la the Surefire/Rogers technique.

The light on the right rides in my right-front pocket at all times and is used for general illumination purposes (230 lumens) but also serves well for use with a pistol. The light on the left is the "light saber" flame thrower (70,000 candela) that I clip on the belt for night excursions. Access is fast, the cigar grip making for a natural hand position to grab and pull the light out of the carrier by slipping my fingers under the grip ring and pulling straight up. Of course, the light can also be placed in a pocket if I don't want to use the carrier, but is somewhat slower to get into action that way.

I’d go with vertical bezel up. I carried all my lights vertical bezel up at work.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Who made your cuff pouch?

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Who made your cuff pouch?
    These folks.
    https://www.anrdesignkydexholster.com/

Ok, so I am working with a local guy to see what we can come up with for molds. Will keep you all as up to date as possible.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Not sure where this project is in the stack, but I’ve transitioned to a Modlite handheld in place of the skinnier EDCL2-T. Still prefer muzzle up like the Rosen SOS.

Hope the move went well!

Not sure where this project is in the stack, but I’ve transitioned to a Modlite handheld in place of the skinnier EDCL2-T. Still prefer muzzle up like the Rosen SOS.

Hope the move went well!
    Our shop is mostly up and running, but we still don't have our house stuff (no fridges, freezers, furniture, etc so we are kind of living the camping lifestyle right now :0) ....other than that Texas is AWESOME!! so far. As for the light, I do have a prototype mold to test but it's for the EDCL2-T for muzzle up carry, I have a modlite and will be working on those next, and Enigma specific holsters, and USPSA light bearing holsters, and knife sheaths and.....yeah got a lot of irons in the fire :0)
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List