Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would like to see a flashlight pouch made by Tony

Site Supporter

Would like to see a flashlight pouch made by Tony

It is not easy to find good light pouches. I am currently using a Basic Light Pouch from Custom Carry Concepts, which is unfortunately no longer made. Other options seem to be lacking.

I prefer my light pouches to be Kydex, since it seems to retain lights better than the leather pouches I have used. Minimizing the space required on a belt is helpful, and is where at least some of the others fall short in my opinion. Bezel-down carry places my hand in the most natural position to use the light with my thumb on the tail switch.

While I do not currently need a light pouch, at some point the pouches I have will certainly wear out, and I cannot be the only one who likes to carry a light on my belt in front of my magazines.

Tony, is there any chance of you designing a light pouch, perhaps along the lines of your current single magazine pouches?

I suggest starting with a design to accommodate a 1" diameter bezel, which will hold a Malkoff Bodyguard version 2 as well as the Klarus XT2C (not the XT2CR, which requires a special shape). Hopefully others will provide feedback about what they use, so that you can accommodate the more commonly used lights first.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    It is not easy to find good light pouches. I am currently using a Basic Light Pouch from Custom Carry Concepts, which is unfortunately no longer made. Other options seem to be lacking.

I prefer my light pouches to be Kydex, since it seems to retain lights better than the leather pouches I have used. Minimizing the space required on a belt is helpful, and is where at least some of the others fall short in my opinion. Bezel-down carry places my hand in the most natural position to use the light with my thumb on the tail switch.

While I do not currently need a light pouch, at some point the pouches I have will certainly wear out, and I cannot be the only one who likes to carry a light on my belt in front of my magazines.

Tony, is there any chance of you designing a light pouch, perhaps along the lines of your current single magazine pouches?

I suggest starting with a design to accommodate a 1" diameter bezel, which will hold a Malkoff Bodyguard version 2 as well as the Klarus XT2C (not the XT2CR, which requires a special shape). Hopefully others will provide feedback about what they use, so that you can accommodate the more commonly used lights first.
    Yes, we have been tossing around some ideas. Only problem we are having is finding the time to design it and figure out the most efficient way to manufacture them. Best answer I can give is Soon :0)
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Best answer I can give is Soon :0)
    I used the be in the software industry. The development team would say "Will release in Q4" and the smartass sales team (me...) would reply "What year?"

Site Supporter
    I support this idea.
    I further suggest you build a lens-down option around a Modlite PLH-v2.
    This argument is entirely self-serving.

Despite the foregoing, I'll probably buy a light for whatever you build. I'd like a well-built and decently concealable belt carrier for a Surefire pattern light (EDCLx-T?).

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I used the be in the software industry. The development team would say "Will release in Q4" and the smartass sales team (me...) would reply "What year?"
    “2.0.3 will exit DVT in H2.”
    “Q3 or Q4?”
    “Yes, that’s what that means.”
    Ignore Alien Orders

@Tony Mayer may want to read the various P-F hat threads first. A group of guys that can't agree on anything except that you wear a hat on your head will drive him insane with flashlight choices. Streamlight! No, Surefire! Malkoff with Surefire parts in a MagLite body...
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    @Tony Mayer may want to read the various P-F hat threads first. A group of guys that can't agree on anything except that you wear a hat on your head will drive him insane with flashlight choices. Streamlight! No, Surefire! Malkoff with Surefire parts in a MagLite body...
    You're right. Tony should only make holsters for Glocks and Malkoffs. Why waste time with inferior products?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter

Would like to see a flashlight pouch made by Tony

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I used the be in the software industry. The development team would say "Will release in Q4" and the smartass sales team (me...) would reply "What year?" [emoji41]
    Then you have all the dysfunctional organizations where the answer is...
    Well, given all the uncertainties and risks it’s most likely Q3 of next year. Except by that time you will have pushed in a bunch of new features to satisfy the current hot customer of the month you are trying to close, so it will really be Q4. But some dumbass in the sales org already promised it in Q4 of this year without checking, and nobody wants to admit that was a mistake, so the only answer upper management will let me give at this time is H1.

That’s how we work our way around to “soon” [emoji12]

ETA: and how we get to the Agile answers akin to “we don’t know yet, but here is what you will get next month, and here is the theme of what we will be focusing on in the quarter after that”

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Except by that time you will have pushed in a bunch of new features to satisfy the current hot customer of the month you are trying to close, so it will really be Q4.
    I sat in one of those meetings when my boss asked about a specific feature that had been discussed and was lacking from the pending release and the development VP asked him what he would like to give up and he replied "quota".

I used a Mitch Rosen SOS for years. A few years ago I had Darkstar Gear make a Kydex version for my EDCL2-T. I’m looking at changing my handheld light to a Modlite which has a larger diameter tube.

I do think a bezel up carry method is better for retrieving the light and may offer compatibility with a wider variety of lights without having to create so many different molds.

User Tag List