Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa gun show cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Wannamachers is not a normal show. You could spend 2 days there and still not see everything at least that’s how it was the last time I was there
    Agreed. I went several years ago and I only had one day. But I was determined to see as much as I could, so I purposefully walked all day, up and down every isle, and I barely made it through the entire show. If I'd taken a more leisurely pace, and looked at more stuff, I would have needed two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    On a slightly more serious note than my first post in this thread. A quick google search of Oklahoma ICU bed availability brings up quite a few articles going back to around Oct. 15 stating that all of the covid ICU wards in the state are nearly full. Like this one http://www.oudaily.com/coronavirus/o...8a9d7d27a.html

Eventually the government does have to take measures to preserve resources, and banning large unnecessary indoor gatherings that bring people from all over doesn’t seem to be a rash decision to me. Or I guess they could tell anybody who gets sick to not try to find a hospital bed in Oklahoma, which it appears they’re doing now.

I've heard of a patient in a hospital in my hometown recently that needed to be transferred to a higher level of care hospital but no ICU beds were availavle in OKC or Tulsa. The family had to find a hospital in DFW that had a bed available and was willing to accept the transfer.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    They should let people decide for themselves what to do. Sick of it too.
    They have been doing so for a few months around here, not much mandatory stuff, "strong recommendations", almost everything open, etc. Here is the outcome. For the last 6-8 weeks my surge-expanded ICU has been around 100% capacity, fluctuating between 25-50% covid and the rest elective cases and emergencies. For last two weeks it has been 150%, with 50-70% covid. As of last night, my surge-extra-expanded 24 bed ICU is full and has 22 covid patients, 18 on vents. Heart attacks, strokes etc can go eff themselves, no place for them. We're getting medical teams from NYC to come and help, for we helped them during their crisis.

People decide for themselves works only if their decisions affect themselves only. This one, they do not. Having observed the situation as dispassionately as I could, I conclude that "people" have amply demonstrated they can't think of anyone but themselves and have no regard for pleas for personal responsibility. I have a pile of examples. I understand your sentiment but people failed. Too bad.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    They have been doing so for a few months around here, not much mandatory stuff, "strong recommendations", almost everything open, etc. Here is the outcome. For the last 6-8 weeks my surge-expanded ICU has been around 100% capacity, fluctuating between 25-50% covid and the rest elective cases and emergencies. For last two weeks it has been 150%, with 50-70% covid. As of last night, my surge-extra-expanded 24 bed ICU is full and has 22 covid patients, 18 on vents. Heart attacks, strokes etc can go eff themselves, no place for them. We're getting medical teams from NYC to come and help, for we helped them during their crisis.

People decide for themselves works only if their decisions affect themselves only. This one, they do not. Having observed the situation as dispassionately as I could, I conclude that "people" have amply demonstrated they can't think of anyone but themselves and have no regard for pleas for personal responsibility. I have a pile of examples. I understand your sentiment but people failed. Too bad.
    Thank you.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    I've heard of a patient in a hospital in my hometown recently that needed to be transferred to a higher level of care hospital but no ICU beds were availavle in OKC or Tulsa. The family had to find a hospital in DFW that had a bed available and was willing to accept the transfer.
    Yikes. Wow. It is bad out here, but not that bad yet. Pretty quickly catching up, however. Flagship university hospital still isn't cancelling elective cases or drafting anesthesia/surgery into our surge ICU teams yet, but it's a pipe dream to think that will last much longer.

To think that Thanksgiving hasn't even come and gone yet. I'm worried that if there isn't a serious reality check, the month of January will look absolutely apocalyptic.

Site Supporter

Right, but it goes in the other direction too. By forcing everyone to adhere to Wuhan virus guidelines we are hurting people too. People out of work, people not getting needed medical care, people being isolated, etc. As I, and others, have asked, how many died of covid vs died with covid? How many actually had covid?

We have effective treatments for COVID. They are not being properly used.

This is not the first deadly virus to hit America, it won’t be the last. It’s real, it’s an issue, but it’s not the only issue.

I agree people failed, but I see the failure as being in a different direction.

My respect for the hard work your doing runs deep, but there are enough differing opinions from doctors that we should leave people alone to make their own decisions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Right, but it goes in the other direction too. By forcing everyone to adhere to Wuhan virus guidelines we are hurting people too. People out of work, people not getting needed medical care, people being isolated, etc. As I, and others, have asked, how many died of covid vs died with covid? How many actually had covid?

We have effective treatments for COVID. They are not being properly used.

This is not the first deadly virus to hit America, it won’t be the last. It’s real, it’s an issue, but it’s not the only issue.

I agree people failed, but I see the failure as being in a different direction.

My respect for the hard work your doing runs deep, but there are enough differing opinions from doctors that we should leave people alone to make their own decisions.
    You do realize that you’re telling a DOCTOR about the “effective treatments for COVID”, and the “differing opinions from doctors”, right?

I think he’s trying to describe the consequences of people not following the “guidelines” in his state.

Red face

e: this was an ill-advised post

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    You do realize that you’re telling a DOCTOR about the “effective treatments for COVID”, and the “differing opinions from doctors”, right?

I think he’s trying to describe the consequences of people not following the “guidelines” in his state.

Yes I realize he’s a doctor. He’s also a long time, and great, PF member.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    e: this was an ill-advised post
    Ahhhh edited before I could respond! lol

Yes credible doctors have differing opinions. On both sides of the debate.

User Tag List