Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa gun show cancelled

Tulsa gun show cancelled

Well looks like Covid Killed the worlds largest gun show this weekend...

Im so sick of this crap..
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

They waited until five days before the show? If I was a dealer that would piss me off. It’s not like this was unexpected...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Are there actually gun shows that are worth a shit?

Even the big ones locally have been crap for the last decade or more unless you need to pick up a copy of The Turner Diaries, ziplock baggies of overpriced “Somedoods” handloads or see the same “dealers” with the same guns that are priced equal to the highest price they ever saw a similar gun priced at on gunbroker.

The internet killed gunshows long before covid did and I don’t miss them to be honest. I’d rather cruise gunbroker in the evening with a drink than spend time walking around being constantly flagged by jackasses. But that’s just me.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Wannamachers is not a normal show. You could spend 2 days there and still not see everything at least that’s how it was the last time I was there

Ohio Gun Collectors is a good show, but I had a moment of clarity last time that it wasn't as amusing as it once was.

Before I could afford to buy enough primers and powder to offset the hazmat shipping i was more into it, but now not so much. But sometimes that realization gives me a sad, it was something I looked forward to so much.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Are there actually gun shows that are worth a shit?

Even the big ones locally have been crap for the last decade or more unless you need to pick up a copy of The Turner Diaries, ziplock baggies of overpriced “Somedoods” handloads or see the same “dealers” with the same guns that are priced equal to the highest price they ever saw a similar gun priced at on gunbroker.

The internet killed gunshows long before covid did and I don’t miss them to be honest. I’d rather cruise gunbroker in the evening with a drink than spend time walking around being constantly flagged by jackasses. But that’s just me.
    I tend to agree, unless you were after collectibles or curios, there has never been much point in going to a gun show. Except for one… It’s a great cultural experience full of fascinating people to see and watch. Honestly, it is also a great way to expose folks to the weird wacky and cool world of firearms.

I only did the big Tulsa show once, in about 1990. It was glorious.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Well looks like Covid Killed the worlds largest gun show this weekend...

Im so sick of this crap..
    They should let people decide for themselves what to do. Sick of it too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    On a slightly more serious note than my first post in this thread. A quick google search of Oklahoma ICU bed availability brings up quite a few articles going back to around Oct. 15 stating that all of the covid ICU wards in the state are nearly full. Like this one http://www.oudaily.com/coronavirus/o...8a9d7d27a.html

Eventually the government does have to take measures to preserve resources, and banning large unnecessary indoor gatherings that bring people from all over doesn’t seem to be a rash decision to me. Or I guess they could tell anybody who gets sick to not try to find a hospital bed in Oklahoma, which it appears they’re doing now.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m fine with that so long as they live with the consequences, including last in line for medical care if they engage in risky behavior - like attending mass events like gun shows.
    Ken

User Tag List