Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa gun show cancelled

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post
    Please elaborate. I'm guessing you are referencing hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...lized-covid-19
    An inhaled asthma drug has had success.

Antibodies from recovered patients, or antibody fragments from Llamas which have been infected with virus fragments have both been found to be potentially useful.

Aspirin and other blood thinning and anti-clotting agents have been used to prevent the clotting that has caused at least some deaths.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Vitamin D plus pulsed zinc has been recommended by at least a few. Too busy watching New England trying to go 2-6 to find an article about pulsed zinc but here's a start:

https://www.click2houston.com/health...ight-covid-19/
    C, D, and Zinc should be taken by everyone at least until this is over. Zinc is effective at inhibiting reproduction of the virus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I've specifically shown you articles that show it does not do that at all. I cannot make you read them and believe them but they are real and they are accurate.

Nobody is treating COVDI-19 with Plaquenil because it simply doesn't work. I can walk you through the papers, figure by figure, if you like, but I cannot convince you to believe them if you've decided your conclusions well in advance.

Debating and discussing with you was/is a real joy.

I must disagree with your statement.

Doctors do treat covid with HCQ. You have not shown that.....HCQ and zinc taken during the early stages of the virus...... is ineffective.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    C, D, and Zinc should be taken by everyone at least until this is over. Zinc is effective at inhibiting reproduction of the virus.
    Yep! I try to buy quality vitamins but even if I could just get the wal mart stuff I would take it.

Site Supporter
    An inhaled asthma drug has had success.

Antibodies from recovered patients, or antibody fragments from Llamas which have been infected with virus fragments have both been found to be potentially useful.

Aspirin and other blood thinning and anti-clotting agents have been used to prevent the clotting that has caused at least some deaths.

My wife treated her flu (covid? Maybe?) earlier this year with her asthma drugs.

Its wild to watch a random guy on the internet think the medical profession is withholding a lifesaving treatment for some unknown reason and argue with actual doctors about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    As I, and others, have asked, how many died of covid vs died with covid? How many actually had covid?
    Good question. Pretty sure everyone who is on a vent in my place is "of covid". But to answer your question: we're 8 months into this and we still don't have a unified national testing, tracking, and counting system. We've an administration in charge of a covid fight and it had enough time to set one up. They chose to leave to states so the number we get is the numbers that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    My respect for the hard work your doing runs deep, but there are enough differing opinions from doctors that we should leave people alone to make their own decisions.
    There are doctors who are against the meds that been shown to save lives (examples of differing opinions). There are patients who make all kinds of their own decisions (for example, to keep smoking after heart attacks). Totally their choice, as long as it doesn't affect others.

Differing opinions are welcome. They get even more weight if their authors a) are on frontlines and are doing the heavy lifting and b) are in position of making population-level decisions and being held responsible for outcomes. I am yet to see one differing position come from that group. I am however not an opinion based, I am outcome based. We have a state with a population density a fraction of NYC, a state that has held a "personal responsibility, local control and no state mandates" approach since early May, and for the last week our per 100K rate is higher than in NYC in its April peak. While our hospital resources are much smaller. That's so far the outcome of "own decisions" and I am yet to hear anything about this from a differing opinion camp.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Its wild to watch a random guy on the internet think the medical profession is withholding a lifesaving treatment for some unknown reason and argue with actual doctors about it.

It’s 2020 man, nothing is wild anymore!

Is it wild that other doctors disagree?

Site Supporter
    I do not see anyone in this thread arguing that doctors are withholding treatments. We are dealing with a disease that was a complete unknown this time last year. Add the politicization of the disease, and we have a complete mess. I am not at all surprised to see different studies having different results and different doctors taking different approaches.

While doctors on this forum have certainly taken a different position than me on the issue of shutdowns, I will give them credit for trying to do the best they can with the terrible situation with which they are faced.

Site Supporter
    I do not see anyone in this thread arguing that doctors are withholding treatments. We are dealing with a disease that was a complete unknown this time last year. Add the politicization of the disease, and we have a complete mess. I am not at all surprised to see different studies having different results and different doctors taking different approaches.

While doctors on this forum have certainly taken a different position than me on the issue of shutdowns, I will give them credit for trying to do the best they can with the terrible situation with which they are faced.

He may be talking about me. I’m not Saying that doctors are withholding treatments intentionally to harm patients. However, I do believe there is pressure being put on doctors to not use the effective treatment of HCQ, zinc, and I believe an appropriate antibiotic. This of course has to be given in the proper dosages and then in the proper time frame.

User Tag List