Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa gun show cancelled

Site Supporter

Tulsa gun show cancelled

I know people who had their otherwise profitable business completely destroyed solely by a government ordered shut down.

I know people who have risk factors for life-threatening conditions with a much higher mortality rate than Covid who depend very heavily on their “routine“ screenings.

I have little patience for people who scream “science“ while ignoring a big part of science.

I do not want to minimize the problems faced by healthcare professionals, but we cannot solve those problems by completely ruining other peoples lives.

If we are going to mandate that certain events not take place, we also need to recognize that those events are run by people in the business of hosting those events, and compensate them accordingly. Perhaps that is an appropriate compromise in the case of large events?

I will add that I am not at all happy with the many who are not taking personal responsibility such as wearing masks, frequent handwashing and use of sanitizer, avoiding risky situations, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 11-09-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Ahhhh edited before I could respond! lol

Yes credible doctors have differing opinions. On both sides of the debate.
    No they don't. You're a fucking moron.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post

Well you’re not the only one who holds this opinion, that I can promise you.

Sometimes I even consider myself to be a moron. Like today, I forgot to buy my no sugar added ice cream bars at wal-mart. Moron!

What state is this in?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    They have been doing so for a few months around here, not much mandatory stuff, "strong recommendations", almost everything open, etc. Here is the outcome. For the last 6-8 weeks my surge-expanded ICU has been around 100% capacity, fluctuating between 25-50% covid and the rest elective cases and emergencies. For last two weeks it has been 150%, with 50-70% covid. As of last night, my surge-extra-expanded 24 bed ICU is full and has 22 covid patients, 18 on vents. Heart attacks, strokes etc can go eff themselves, no place for them. We're getting medical teams from NYC to come and help, for we helped them during their crisis.

People decide for themselves works only if their decisions affect themselves only. This one, they do not. Having observed the situation as dispassionately as I could, I conclude that "people" have amply demonstrated they can't think of anyone but themselves and have no regard for pleas for personal responsibility. I have a pile of examples. I understand your sentiment but people failed. Too bad.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

We have effective treatments for COVID. They are not being properly used.
    Please elaborate. I'm guessing you are referencing hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...lized-covid-19

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post
    Please elaborate. I'm guessing you are referencing hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...lized-covid-19

HCQ, Zinc , and maybe an antibiotic. Taken in the early stages of the disease.

Vitamin D plus pulsed zinc has been recommended by at least a few. Too busy watching New England trying to go 2-6 to find an article about pulsed zinc but here's a start:

https://www.click2houston.com/health...ight-covid-19/

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Actually they do, including not only the 500 who wrote to Trump last spring but also some that have a very good track record with my own family.

When you are calling other members names, you have revealed the weakness of your own position.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I've specifically shown you articles that show it does not do that at all. I cannot make you read them and believe them but they are real and they are accurate.

Nobody is treating COVDI-19 with Plaquenil because it simply doesn't work. I can walk you through the papers, figure by figure, if you like, but I cannot convince you to believe them if you've decided your conclusions well in advance.

Most recently:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7289276/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Vitamin D plus pulsed zinc has been recommended by at least a few. Too busy watching New England trying to go 2-6 to find an article about pulsed zinc but here's a start:

https://www.click2houston.com/health...ight-covid-19/

I’ve heard people with high Vitamin D levels do better. This summer I got enough sun that I was more brown than my wife. Maybe that’ll keep me safe!

Actually I take vitamin D almost everyday.

User Tag List