Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: RO Fatally Shot at NY USPSA Match

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    That’s the reason I’ve searched to find the absolute brightest freaking day-glo lime-green shirts to wear at matches. I don’t really want to be hard to see when I’m down range setting steel or what not.
    WE had to either wear safety vests or the lime green/orange safety tee-shirts on our driving course. I chose the tee-shirt route. I ended up buying Gilden (mentioned in another thread) they last pretty good if washed warm or cold and dried on low heat. I've got some that are over six or seven years old, neck still tight, etc.

In terms of hi-vis, they aren't nearly as good as a vest, but if you don't want to wear a vest.......

I used to get them at either Orschlen's or Tractor Supply. Recently, I bought a couple of red ones at Northern Tool.

Just in case your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    WE had to either wear safety vests or the lime green/orange safety tee-shirts on our driving course. I chose the tee-shirt route. I ended up buying Gilden (mentioned in another thread) they last pretty good if washed warm or cold and dried on low heat. I've got some that are over six or seven years old, neck still tight, etc.

In terms of hi-vis, they aren't nearly as good as a vest, but if you don't want to wear a vest.......

I used to get them at either Orschlen's or Tractor Supply. Recently, I bought a couple of red ones at Northern Tool.

Just in case your interested.
    Thanks, I have a couple of these, they are very bright:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another method is to be the RO.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Hey, asbestos used to be popular, too.
    I know, I lived in Manville for 5 years and I’m just fine. And don’t give me that it’s unusual for someone to grow a third ear BS.

At a match last year, I was given the L/MR. I looked up, and then pointed at the guy still pasting downrange. The RO had been running his mouth with his buddies and hadn’t noticed. I was like, dude, WTF.

That’s the reason I’ve searched to find the absolute brightest freaking day-glo lime-green shirts to wear at matches. I don’t really want to be hard to see when I’m down range setting steel or what not.
    http://pistol-training.com/archives/9434

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Y8tft9tBQ0g

After seeing that I started wearing obnoxious neon shirts at matches.

Currently I wear one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/ATHLIO-Compre...8-3&th=1&psc=1

100% agree. We, all of us, need to stop with the handbag-swinging at 5 paces, and work to better our on-stage activities. Same with our equipment, of whatever type/brand/maker we use.

I do find it interesting that at least one major trainer I know of specifically will not allow a non-upgraded P320 in his class. Yet USPSA is cool with non-drop fire guns, and has been, since forever, evidently.

Seems like an odd circumstance.
    And more than one major trainer wont allow AIWB on course either. Yet I bet a lot of people posting in the thread are doing so with a gun down the front of their pants, I know I am.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    And more than one major trainer wont allow AIWB on course either. Yet I bet a lot of people posting in the thread are doing so with a gun down the front of their pants, I know I am.
    I'll bet folding money if USPSA mandated AIWB starts, all of a sudden there would be a lot of slow, careful holstering after the load and make ready.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    That's a great option. I if I ever finally get down to my target weight I can consider one of those. For now though, if I tried it on, I'd end up looking not unlike the Michelin Man.

I'll bet folding money if USPSA mandated AIWB starts, all of a sudden there would be a lot of slow, careful holstering after the load and make ready.

Realistically there is generally pretty careful re holstering. This was, once again, a freak accident!
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Realistically there is generally pretty careful re holstering. This was, once again, a freak accident!
    I agree that this was a freak accident, but I've seen far too many instances, especially at local matches, of people holstering very quickly while not looking the gun into the holster, often leading to "hunting" for the holster with the muzzle of the gun. I will say that most "serious" shooters are not guilty of this, but based on my personal experience, I can't agree that there is generally pretty careful holstering. I think that especially at the local match level, careful, deliberate holstering is an "opportunity area" for the sport.

User Tag List