Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent Daylight Saving Time?

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    I'd prefer full time DST -- I hate when it gets dark before 5 p.m. Right now, sunset is about 4:30 here in eastern Washington, and it will be before 4:10 in December.
    I lived in northern Maine for several years, and for a few of those years I worked in a secure facility. We were at the extreme eastern end of Eastern Time Zone, only about a 10 minute drive to Atlantic Time Zone in Canada. In the winter, I went to work in the dark, I worked in a room with no windows all day, and went home in the dark. It was different.

To be a dissenter, having grown up in Northern MI, the one year we tried not changing, it was a train wreck.

It's not broken as is, so nothing to fix, and no longer a need to reset many clocks either.

I vote leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Arizona doesn’t change.
    As of last week there are fewer things to love about my state. But no screwing with time back and forth is a huge plus to my way of thinking.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    As of last week there are fewer things to love about my state. But no screwing with time back and forth is a huge plus to my way of thinking.
    Agreed, but I’d rather switch to DST to have more hours of daylight after work year-round.

Site Supporter
    Pick one. I work outdoors year-round and equipment has had decent lights for decades. On the farm we'd chop corn 24 hours a day to cheat an approaching storm system if we had to, and that was 20 years ago. If work is steady, starting around this time of year and going for months I rarely see my property in the daylight except on Sundays.

I don’t care which, but pick one.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Jump ahead in the spring. Jump ahead again in the fall. Then stop.

We are mostly an 8-5 indoor society due to the job landscape. More light after work = more time to do stuff imo.

Not changing is glorious.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    In BC we voted to end the switch. We're just waiting for the west coast states to get it done, so we stay in the same time zone. I am looking forward to more light after work, personally.

Although I guess I don't much like waking up in the dark, either.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Utah actually passed a law earlier this year that would keep us on DST year-round but it won't be implemented until several surrounding states adopt it, and until federal law allows it (currently the law only allows states to go with standard time or a DST changeover).

User Tag List