Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex Trebek Has Died

I used to watch Jeopardy! all the time as a kid. Hadn’t seen it in years, then ended up watching it in September while my wife was in her hospital room post-op.

I wasn’t worth a hoot at it as a kid, but I was right more than 60% of the time after my wife had surgery. She wasn’t particularly impressed.

He was a class act.

I'll refrain from cracking jokes in the Jeopardy format out of respect.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    I got to meet him in Iceland in 1998. He was polite, personable, and genuine. RIP Alex.
    I worked IT at a call center that did warranty administration for a bunch of companies. His Maytag needed service and it was the talk of the building for a bit. I don't know if it was the minor brush with celebrity that caused it to be such a stir for everyone, since only the call taker had any interaction with him, as much as the notion that he was a real person that did laundry in his house. I think most of us thought he lived at Jeopardy! and was stored in a closet when not in use, much like small children assume their teachers only exist inside the school and are flabbergasted the first time they see one grocery shopping or the like. He was perfect pleasant by all accounts.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Alex Trebeck. Succumbed to a nasty form of Cancer. I have known others that were strong & did not fight as valiantly as Alex.

RIP. You were a great Host/ MC.
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I worked IT at a call center that did warranty administration for a bunch of companies. His Maytag needed service and it was the talk of the building for a bit. I don't know if it was the minor brush with celebrity that caused it to be such a stir for everyone, since only the call taker had any interaction with him, as much as the notion that he was a real person that did laundry in his house. I think most of us thought he lived at Jeopardy! and was stored in a closet when not in use, much like small children assume their teachers only exist inside the school and are flabbergasted the first time they see one grocery shopping or the like. He was perfect pleasant by all accounts.

We were all a lot younger in 1998. My oldest son (middle) is now 33. Edit: crap, I was 33 in 98.

Name:  Pic 1 Alex.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  38.1 KB
    Last edited by KellyinAvon; 11-09-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This. I liked him.
    I found it ironic that his great rival died just last week.

https://youtu.be/FwWVb0KhfzM
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I found it ironic that his great rival died just last week.

https://youtu.be/FwWVb0KhfzM
    Name:  B760E7AB-BC76-4EEE-ABDE-E2D3869C2793.jpeg
Views: 108
Size:  40.7 KB

User Tag List