Thread: Interarms Mark X Mini Mauser

Site Supporter

Interarms Mark X Mini Mauser

LGS has a cute little mini Mauser in .223 marked Interarms Mark X.

Gun counter guy says they made them. Inter webs searching says an Eastern European company with the initials CZ (but not Czeska Zbrojovka) made the barreled actions in mini Mauser, standard, and magnum form, and then Interarms imported them to England and Virginia, put walnut or synthetic stocks on them, and then marketed them. Some were stocked in England and then sent to the U.S. for market.

Anybody know anything about them? I’m specifically interested in the trim little .223 just because the store has one and it’s really cute. The Simmons scope on it is placed awkwardly far to the rear, making cycling the boot less than convenient, and is really too big and bulky for the little gun, but at least it’s mounted low enough to have a decent view through it. If I get the rifle, the scope will probably get swapped for something more svelte, in keeping with the little rifle.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I believe it's a Zastava M85. Also private labeled under several other brands in the US.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Zastava. Not true Mausers. Old Zastava were good to outstanding. New Zastava is meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I had one of the older ones and it patterned with anything heavier than 55gr. Traded it off for something else but recently saw it in the used rack of a local pusher and I’m tempted to reacquire it.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I had one circa early 2000s. It was incredible with 55gr Hornady, but I never tried it with anything heavier.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I had one circa early 2000s. It was incredible with 55gr Hornady, but I never tried it with anything heavier.
    I suppose a 1:12 twist. I was impressed to see the Ruger American Ranch Rifle .223 use a 1:8 twist. Smart.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'd take a hard comparative look at a CZ 527 in .223 before sinking any money into what coulld be a bit of a project gun. CZ really did a superb job in proportionately minaturizing the Mauser action in the CZ 527.

Best, Jon

User Tag List