Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donut bullets??? WTF

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Sell them. They are going for $10 a round here.

https://collectibleammunition.com/pr...y-pmc-38-splp/

I found this one https://collectibleammunition.com/pr...ar-pmc-38-spl/ I don't think there is a lot people lining up to buy these.

Silly question, do you want half a dozen to run through the jello?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I found this one https://collectibleammunition.com/pr...ar-pmc-38-spl/ I don't think there is a lot people lining up to buy these.

Silly question, do you want half a dozen to run through the jello?
    I actually has a friend who has some but thanks for the offer.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Was that the Thunderzap? I remember the tubular round being advertised, maybe in the late 80s?
    Not Thunderzaps - I have some of those stashed away, they were 100% Nylon or similar.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I'm barely up on today's ammo designs, much less 25+ years ago. What benefit were those supposed to have? Reduced over-penetration?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I'm barely up on today's ammo designs, much less 25+ years ago. What benefit were those supposed to have? Reduced over-penetration?
    Richard Davis used to claim they were intended to be a shock design (I don’t remember the exact terms he used) - they were extremely light, fast and loud without overpenetration. I bought a small quantity back in the day (24?) and tried a cylinder load in my first run 640. They set off an incredible dust cloud at the club’s inside range. I don’t think he was the inventor, but he flogged them through Second Chance.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Gimmick ammo has been around for a long time.

I remember those... I vaguely remember the Donut bullet being advertised as a tire deflating "Wunder Bullet"... cutting a Donut hole rather then just poking through.

I shot a lot of Ultramags back in the day, when I was cutting my teeth on a GP-100. They were relatively inexpensive at the time. Didn’t do any gelatin testing or anything of the sort. Blew up some 2-liter water bottles.

The wounding rationale of the tubulars seems to be the same as a hard cast wadcutter. Just way, way more wicked. Hurts just to look at them.

User Tag List