Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Saving up to get started, and need advice.

Site Supporter
    There are case sorters available.
    https://www.dillonprecision.com/shel...8_8_25434.html
    It appears that 9mm and .223/5.56 are very close in size though.

Site Supporter
    I have that Dillon sorting tray system. It doesn’t separate .380, 9mm, 5.56, 300 Blk or anything else in that diameter range.

The sorting system for 9mm and 223 is probably a six pack and a comfy stool.

Just be glad it is not mixed with a bunch of forty, they get nested inside each other.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If you want to easily sort 9mm and .223/5.56 brass, it's simple. Get a pair of nitrile gloves. Now take the gloves, and put them on a child. Give the child a small amount of American currency, and point at the bucket.

On a serious note, I'll check later to see if my Shell Sorter 3-pack with the metal .380 plate sorts 9 from .223.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Just be glad it is not mixed with a bunch of forty, they get nested inside each other.
    9mm and .40 getting mixed together inside a vibratory tumbler is extra annoying - they get nested inside each other, and the media gets trapped in between, making them both gritty and dirty to pull apart...

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    9mm and .40 getting mixed together inside a vibratory tumbler is extra annoying - they get nested inside each other, and the media gets trapped in between, making them both gritty and dirty to pull apart...
    Yup, and I am to the point of having enough brass that if they don't just come loose I toss them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    . . . a child. . .
    My understanding is that accessory is very expensive, both in acquisition costs, and maintenance costs.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    My understanding is that accessory is very expensive, both in acquisition costs, and maintenance costs.
    There's a way around that - be an uncle/aunt. Then you can *borrow* a child.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    There's a way around that - be an uncle/aunt. Then you can *borrow* a child.
    I was just being funny, I actually two kids, but my wife is acutely aware of the lead/zinc dangers ammo presents, and if I want to stay married they won't be processing dirty brass.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I was just being funny, I actually two kids, but my wife is acutely aware of the lead/zinc dangers ammo presents, and if I want to stay married they won't be processing dirty brass.
    100% on the same page with you there, and I was joking as well. Even if I actually wanted to subject nieces/nephews to the mindless tedium of sorting brass, I wouldn't do it simply for the lead exposure reason. I couldn't trust them not to put their hands in their mouths/on their faces/etc., even assuming I had kid-sized nitrile gloves on hand.

Teenagers who like to shoot and are able to comprehend the safety considerations might be another story, though. I'll take you to the range/a match *if* you help with ammo production, that sort of thing.

User Tag List