Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the process for battling an EO?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I guessing the Democratic leadership hasn't forgotten the consequences of the Clinton AWB. An executive order for confiscation of guns and magazines isn't going to happen because it's too risky. If Republicans keep the Senate, we're probably safe. If not, it's going to be bad unless SCOTUS makes a ruling.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...reform/488045/
    First, good and reasoned discussion. Thanks!

Second, the Senate is not the only challenge for legislation. A much narrowed House Democratic majority is a huge liability in the 2022 Midterm election. The Assault Weapons Ban experience for the Democrats scared them off almost all federal gun control for two decades...

Pressure on 10 purple-state Democratic Representatives +/- will be all that it takes to prevent almost any gun controls bills. That is why the purple battleground states are so valuable to building a legislative coalition, not just for Presidential elections. So if you have a Democrat as your Representative, be nice and start a dialogue ASAP.

Joe Biden will be a lame duck from the first day in office, not much control of Congress, little chance of running for reelection.

Harris takes over is a different animal and may surely be part of the plan.

But initially Biden is going to be a dud round in D.C.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It’s not like he knows what’s going on, it’s Kamala and the rest of the Cong that will indeed focus on guns.
    Just replying to like the fact you refer to Congress as “The Cong”.

Humorously accurate. Don’t know if I should laugh or cry.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Just replying to like the fact you refer to Congress as “The Cong”.

Humorously accurate. Don’t know if I should laugh or cry.
    Maybe a sign that we should invest in B.F. Goodrich (sandals)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

If Biden ends up winning I think I will SBR my two AR pistols. I don't see the brace thing lasting very long.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’m curious what kind of executive order people believe President Biden would be able to issue to attack semi auto firearms and their magazines. All I can think of is ordering the ATF to ban imports of foreign firearms and accessories.
    One possibility would be to order BATFE to change the internal standard currently used to define “readily convertible” in 26 USC § 5845 to something that could rope in some semiautos (say, can be converted to full auto in 16 or 24 or 32 hours in a machine shop, or by availability of a bump stock or auto sear for the design plus “high capacity” magazines, or by interchangeability of X percent of parts with a full auto, or any other BS they come up with), thereby reclassifying selected closed-bolt semiautos as machineguns under the NFA. If I’m not mistaken, that is the rationale under which BATFE halted the manufacture of some simple open-bolt semiautos in 1982 or whenever, though I understand they showed some restraint and didn’t reclassify existing guns as Title 2.

Magazines would be a much thornier problem for them to ban by EO, but I wouldn’t put it past them to declare normal-capacity STANAG or Warsaw Pact magazines “essential machinegun parts” and treat them like a DIAS, and see if the courts would give them a pass long enough to do a lot of harm.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Attempts to pass a ban via EO in this way is likely to result in the Supreme Court overturning it, because there is no law allowing the president to regulate such things. And it is certainly not enumerated in that pesky thing called the 'constitution'. Which I know a lot of politicians haven't read, but fortunately, it seems like the bulk of SCOTUS and COA Justices have.
    This is the silver lining in the current situation, and is why ACB being seated on SCOTUS was so vital. Without a pro-Bill-of-Rights majority on the Court, and with at least one house of Congress in prohibitionist hands, a BS EO redefinition of AR’s and such as Title 2 would have been much more feasible than now, when there is a SCOTUS watching that likely would disapprove of such treachery. But that doesn’t mean that the zealots won’t issue such orders anyway, even if it’s just to be able to do what they want until it’s struck down.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    If Biden ends up winning I think I will SBR my two AR pistols. I don't see the brace thing lasting very long.
    We'll see where things stand. So far the media hasn't clued in on "braces". So there wouldn't be much reason. Remember politicians only like doing things that get them press, money, or both.

All we need though is one fucking mass shooter with a braced AR and it's all over but the crying.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It’s not like he knows what’s going on, it’s Kamala and the rest of the Cong that will indeed focus on guns.

So very much this^^^^. Biden is the puppet to end all puppets. The left figured he was the only one who had any chance to beat DJT and then manipulated the other candidates (goodbye to Bernie a-GAIN) to make that happen. However, slipslidinbiden had to agree to the extreme agenda epitomized by the aforementioned Kamala Harris & co. IF Biden is able to last 4 years as a functioning POTUS, it will be a miracle to some, but a nightmare to AOC/Harris/Omar.Talib/Pressley, aka "the squad," who are planning to have Harris in the White House by 2024 at the latest.
    Last edited by 11B10; 11-05-2020 at 06:27 PM.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

We'll see where things stand. So far the media hasn't clued in on "braces". So there wouldn't be much reason. Remember politicians only like doing things that get them press, money, or both.

All we need though is one fucking mass shooter with a braced AR and it's all over but the crying.
    The Dayton shooter used a braced AR. Anderson marked lower and what looked like a 10.5" barrel.

I don't disagree with your assessment, just pointing out that it has happened already.

ATF is already going after them like they did with Q. If Biden wins I don't think a stretch for them to be more aggressive and just call them a stock.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List