Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Shop Election Fallout

Gun Shop Election Fallout

As some of you know, after retirement, I now work P/T at a LGS. Well today is my first day back since yesterday’s elections(?)... Apparently, yesterday at the shop was a ZOO...
    What do you all think it will be like today, and the coming days, taking into account the current state of affairs? Guns, ammunition, training, etc.

I don't think much will change (i.e. panic buying will continue) until a winner is declared. If Biden wins, it will increase, by a lot. If Trump wins, it will slack off considerably.

That's my guess, but who knows.

RJ summed up a good part of it.

It is interesting that people wait until the middle of a monsoon to decide that they need an umbrella. Then they are shocked to find that they have been sold out for months since other people actually read the weather forecast and planned accordingly..

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    RJ summed up a good part of it.

It is interesting that people wait until the middle of a monsoon to decide that they need an umbrella. Then they are shocked to find that they have been sold out for months since other people actually read the weather forecast and planned accordingly..
    We actually closed our shop from 10/30-11/3 because the absolute douchebaggery was staggering and after ~8 months of non-gun people we just needed a break.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

I am going to reserve projections until we see the reaction to the election. If there are riots due to the a contested election, gun and ammo sales will continue at this fevered pace. If there is a peaceful transition, the pace of sales will slacken.

Site Supporter
    I continue to be amazed at my friends who claim to be regular shooters (not those at PF) who effectively do not have any ammo and even more surprising are the ones who reload and only keep a few hundred primers and a couple of pounds of powder. These same friends are then surprised that supply and demand have driven up prices of ammo and reloading supplies (if they can find any).

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    As some of you know, after retirement, I now work P/T at a LGS. Well today is my first day back since yesterday’s elections(?)... Apparently, yesterday at the shop was a ZOO...
    What do you all think it will be like today, and the coming days, taking into account the current state of affairs? Guns, ammunition, training, etc.
    It looks like the Republicans retained the Senate. Regardless of who the President is, that matters for future firearm and ammunition sales.

I work in the firearms industry as well for a manufacture. If Biden wins I think this craziness will continue for a long while. If Trump wins I imagine it will slow back down and maybe even be another Trump Slump.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    In California, the craziness has been for months and I predict it will continue to be so for a few more months at minimum.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    It looks like the Republicans retained the Senate. Regardless of who the President is, that matters for future firearm and ammunition sales.
    I hope that “looks like” becomes “affirmed.”
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List