Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Shot Timer App for iPhone

Surefire Shot Timer App for iPhone

Does anyone have this? I had it on my iPhone 3 and it worked great. I just got the iPhone 4 and now it doesn't work for shit. I downloaded it on my girlfriend's phone also and it doesn't work there either. I hit the start button on both of them and the buzzer goes off, but it doesn't record anything. The sensitivity is turned all the way up, but still nothing. Any thoughts?

As far as I know, it's only working with OS 3.XX.
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

Was posted in the iPhone apps thread. There are more extensive threads and maybe fixes (?) at the enos forums, but AFAIK its a known issue that hasn't yet been addressed.
    --
    Stay Safe,
    Frank

Guess I missed the apps thread. Sorry for re-posting. While I'm on the topic though, I noticed that if you blow into the bottom of the phone the app records it as if a shot was being fired. Kind of weird.

IIRC it has something to do with the new background-noise canceling mics in the iPhone 4 - I would guess that it would also cancel out excessively loud noises.

Actually, heres a thought - why don't you try it on lower sensitivities. No idea if that will work though.
    --
    Stay Safe,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D. View Post
    Actually, heres a thought - why don't you try it on lower sensitivities. No idea if that will work though.
    I tried that too on my iPhone4 and it didn't help.

About the only thing it's good for as is is a par timer. O well, it's worth every penny I paid for it.

I tried it for a while on my 3GS. It worked well for dry-fire but was crap with live fire.

The one on my Droid doesn't work for shit - just doesn't pick up consistently (dry fire), and often it will pick up the start beep as a shot and you can't have it vibrate or you will get a false trip as well.

There is an alternative shot timer app that may work better. It is made by Taurus....

But I have found that depending on the case and what I set the thing on they may work better or worse. I have not tried it, but someone told me that if you use an inline microphone it works better.

Unfortunately the one by Taurus (now called Free Shot Timer) doesn't work in iPhone 4 either. As noted, it's a hardware limitation.

User Tag List