Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020 Stats & Info ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I predict Biden will win. Trump will file some lawsuits, which he is entitled to do. Antifa and their ilk will over react and accuse Trump of not peacefully ceding power and will start another cycle of looting and rioting. The lawsuits will fail, Trump will bitch and moan but will leave, and we'll have a new president in January.

Even if the Rs hold on to a majority in the Senate, I'm worried that if an AWB is proposed, enough Rs will cave and it will pass. They will hold a very slim majority, so it will only take a few of them to vote for it. Remember that confirmation of ACB wasn't a sure thing. Therefore, I predict an AWB within two years.
    Really, our only hope is that there are enough new gun owners that have enough fear of ANTIFA and their ilk and the expectation of the need for self defense to balk hard on any gun legislation. The Leftists push for defunding the police should help us with this.

Unfortunately, most people don't want to take responsibility for anything, much less their own self defense and instead will expect the government to protect them. So I figure that the ANTIFA and their ilk violence will result in a 1934 NFA or 1968 GCA type reaction from the voting public rather than a much less stringent 1989 or 1994 type of a "ban". Think fundamental change in ownership/transfer type rules rather than a "feature" limiting rule. Something like reclassification of ALL semiautos to non-sporting, licensing requirements for ownership, and other onerous restrictions.

I feel an AWB is the least thing to worry about with a compliant Legislature and Executive when it comes to guns.

Only hope we have is that enough Democrats feel their hold on their seats is tenuous enough that they won't risk a 1994 repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    MI has 99% counted and Biden is ahead 67K votes. If Biden's lead holds that means NV is the last state that Biden needs.
    Biden's lead in NV is pretty slim. What really matters at this point is which counties and which ballots have not yet been counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Only hope we have is that enough Democrats feel their hold on their seats is tenuous enough that they won't risk a 1994 repeat.
    As 2018 has shown, gun control is now front and center in national politics. They are flush with money and political capital. The old story about the 94 election has zero sway anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    As 2018 has shown, gun control is now front and center in national politics. They are flush with money and political capital. The old story about the 94 election has zero sway anymore.
    I would add to that that the NRA is also not nearly as feared, or as effective as it was back then. At least in terms of politicians

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Biden's lead in NV is pretty slim. What really matters at this point is which counties and which ballots have not yet been counted.
    That's going to be a tough one to call early but the good news is they don't have a lot of votes to count.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

You know that summer of lawlessness is pretty fresh in most folks minds.....

Personally a lot of people probably feel pretty peaceful right now and would probably protest any such notions

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Maybe. But apparently they still vote as it looks like 1.5% of the popular vote. Personally, I kind of like the wildcard disruption factor. It can beat you if you aren't on top of your game.
    I'd be curious to know how many of those voters identified as "Libertarians." I have libertarian biases, but I mostly voted for Jo because it beats a Green Party protest vote.

I feel weird being part of the small trend of split party voting this time. If my ideas become more mainstream, how am I supposed to be a contrarian? 😛
    Last edited by Baldanders; 11-04-2020 at 05:48 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

As 2018 has shown, gun control is now front and center in national politics. They are flush with money and political capital. The old story about the 94 election has zero sway."
    I think gun control has been shown to be more an interest for liberal elites than a grassroots thing.

And we don't even need the NRA to be particularly healthy for the 2a to motivate voters. I already had my suspicions on that front.

Smith and Wesson stock dropped 11% or so today. Wall Street seems to not see massive gun laws anytime soon, not that they are prophets by any means.

I am finding the "the dems are 'finding' votes and stealing the election" posts here hilarious, as the votes coming in now were predicted as both late and Democratic weeks ago by myriad pundits on all sides. Worst conspiracy ever!
    Last edited by Baldanders; 11-04-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I would add to that that the NRA is also not nearly as feared, or as effective as it was back then. At least in terms of politicians
    I was going to say the same thing.

In Virginia, we had a similar thing happen last year - the Ds finally got control of both chambers of our assembly, and with a D governor, they flooded the legislature with gun-control bills this year. Still, I have some hope that an AWB will not be easy to pass. Guns are a polarizing issue with very strong feelings. Obamacare, another polarizing issue, wasn't easy to pass, and the Ds had a pretty good majority in the Senate at the time. So despite the threats, it may not be worth the scars, especially if it doesn't really get them any more votes.

I’m not following this. How did 2018 show that?

User Tag List