Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020 Stats & Info ONLY

Student
    Local to me.

Paul Gosar arguing with Katie Hobbs.
    https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1324954560058699776

Retort to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
    https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1324884555975647233

Him and Kelly Townsend showed up to support/address protesters earlier this week.

Also, Martha McSally hasn't conceded.

It now comes down to the GA senate runoffs in january. Devastating for the GOP as both are trumpers running in a state that just kicked out trump. Both races will be getting overwhelming funding and 100% media focus to ensure that they go D. Literally all the momentum is on their side.

The lingering economic depression doesn't make it any better as voters know a D senate majority will ensure a massive bailout package is approved. Loeffler and perdue are in a lose lose situation.

Oh and NC and AK senate races have still not been called. Both R candidates holding precariously narrow leads with a shit load of mail in ballots (which always favor D) left to count.

We could be looking at a 52-48 D majority soon.
    Last edited by shootist26; 11-07-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Site Supporter

Election 2020 Stats & Info ONLY

This is still a long way from decided. Forcing a hand recount in any county that used the faulty counting software is more likely than not if that goes to court. This could flip the results in several states. Also, my most recent information is that PA has barely scratched the surface of counting about 100,000 provisional ballots, which could very realistically go heavily for Trump, since these are in-person votes. While it does not look good, calling the race is very premature.

I will add that the software company is claiming that it was a workstation setup issue in the one county. I am not sure the explanation completely adds up without further details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 11-07-2020 at 06:06 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Forcing a hand recount in any county that used the faulty counting software is more likely than not if that goes to court.
    Is there any source that isn't based on the Michigan GOP chair for this faulty software?

Site Supporter

Election 2020 Stats & Info ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Is there any source that isn't based on the Michigan GOP chair for this faulty software?
    Alan Dershowitz was quoted in an article on the Newsmax website as saying this, although not quite in as strong terms.

Last edited by BillSWPA; 11-07-2020 at 08:02 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Alan Dershowitz was quoted in an article on the Newsmax website as saying this.
    I couldn't find his source, but a search for "Dominion voting systems" led me to the Michigan Secretary of State's response:

The erroneous reporting of unofficial results from Antrim county was a result of accidental error on the part of the Antrim County Clerk. The equipment and software did not malfunction and all ballots were properly tabulated. However, the clerk accidentally did not update the software used to collect voting machine data and report unofficial results.

Like many counties in Michigan, Antrim County uses the Dominion Voting Systems election management system and voting machines (ballot tabulators.) The county receives programming support from Election Source. Tabulators are programmed to scan hand marked, paper ballots. When machines are finished scanning the ballots, the paper ballots are retained and a totals tape showing the number of votes for each candidate in each race is printed from the machine.

In order to report unofficial results, county clerks use election management system software to combine the electronic totals from tabulators and submit a report of unofficial results. Because the clerk did not update software, even though the tabulators counted all the ballots correctly, those accurate results were not combined properly when the clerk reported unofficial results.

The correct results always were and continue to be reflected on the tabulator totals tape and on the ballots themselves. Even if the error in the reported unofficial results had not been quickly noticed, it would have been identified during the county canvass. Boards of County Canvassers, which are composed of 2 Democrats and 2 Republicans, review the printed totals tape from each tabulator during the canvass to verify the reported vote totals are correct.

The software did not cause a misallocation of votes; it was a result of user human error. Even when human error occurs, it is caught during county canvasses.

It is also completely false that the county had to or will have to hand count all their ballots. The ballots were properly counted by the tabulators. The county had to review the printed tabulator results from each precinct, not each individual ballot.

As with other unofficial results reporting errors, this was an honest mistake and did not affect any actual vote totals. Election clerks work extremely hard and do their work with integrity. They are human beings, and sometimes make mistakes. However, there are many checks and balances that ensure mistakes can be caught and corrected.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 11-07-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I couldn't find his source, but a search for "Dominion voting systems" led me to the Michigan Secretary of State's response:
    This does not agree with the information from the county. Something does not add up.

This does not agree with the information from the county. Something does not add up.
    This was the last info from the county that I found:

November 4, 2020
    For Immediate Release
    Antrim County Election Results

ANTRIM COUNTY, Mich. – The Antrim County Clerk’s Office has been working diligently to review the results and identify the source of discrepancies discovered early this morning. It is clear that the Unofficial results posted at 4am this morning were incorrect and have been removed. The vote totals counted by the election software did not match the printed tabulator tapes, which official results are based upon. Because of this, the printed tabulated tapes from each precinct will be counted manually and revised Unofficial results will be posted. Results will become Official once the independent board of canvassers verify results starting tomorrow. Antrim County is committed to ensuring that each and every valid ballot cast is accurately counted.
    It seems consistent with the Secretary of State saying the ballots were counted correctly, but the tabulated tapes were not automatically combined correctly due to the software being out of date. I could be wrong, but if this was a widespread issue I would have expected it to come up in more than 1 county in 1 state.

The phrasing "Because the clerk did not update software, even though the tabulators counted all the ballots correctly, those accurate results were not combined properly when the clerk reported unofficial results," seems poorly chosen. Makes it sound like their machines were running on a different version # of the software. From reading the rest of the web page it sounds more like they have to hit a button to synchronize the tabulators' numbers to the election management software and someone just forgot to do that.

User Tag List