Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020 Stats & Info ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Sorry Mr. Doom & Gloom, now 51-49 is the worst that could happen - Cunningham has conceded.

I'll stick with my prediction of 51-49 Repub control when the dust settles.
    So am I understanding correctly that Republicans have control the Senate? Or is that still up in the air with the GA runoff and whatever else being counted?

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    So am I understanding correctly that Republicans have control the Senate? Or is that still up in the air with the GA runoff and whatever else being counted?
    It will come down to the GA runoffs. Going to be almost impossible for Dems though

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Pennsylvania is definitely still a contest state.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damnit! And I was all set to go online with an Amazon store selling Red Pussy Hats that say RESIST! on one side and Grab this! on the other.

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    It will come down to the GA runoffs. Going to be almost impossible for Dems though
    Thanks for the info, but guess I can't breathe any air just yet. So far this election the phrase "almost impossible for Democrats" hasn't gone the correct way. The only thing resembling good news that could yet happen is the Senate. It will be a small comfort but one desperately needed for me.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Is there a list of what states, if any, are recounting? Which states have legal actions against them to recount?
    GA
    Right now Georgia remains too close to call. Out of approximately 5 million votes cast we’ll have a margin of a few thousand," Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R) said. "With a margin that small, there will be a recount in Georgia
    PA
    If the winning margin is 0.5 percent or less.

AZ
    Our recount margins are very narrow,” she said. “I don’t think we’re going to get to that territory."
    MI
    2,000 votes or less. A candidate can also petition for a recount if he or she alleges fraud or a mistake and “would have had a reasonable chance of winning the election.
    NV
    The loser of the election may request a recount within three working days of the final canvass of votes, no matter the margin — but they must be willing to put down a deposit to cover the estimated cost of the recount.
    That could be expensive.

WI
    A candidate can request a recount if the margin is less than 1 percent.
    This from WaPo. I know, fake news.

It would appear that most states will recount if their law allows it and the state tax payer would foot the bill. Or in NV case the candidate pays for it. I don't know how it works if the recount is court ordered but I can't see how the state would pay for it if it doesn't meet their statute. Could cost millions.
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-10-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

RealClearPolitics has removed their call for Biden in both Arizona and Pennsylvania.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

CNN has removed their call for Biden in Arizona. I don’t foresee them removing PA, as that would overturn their call for Biden winning overall. I won’t link to CNN.
    Last edited by StraitR; 11-10-2020 at 04:52 PM.

FOX News: Difference between Trump, Biden in key swing states is Libertarian votes

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lib...y-swing-states

Trump wins NC.
    you can search on that term and find the evidence.
    that takes him from 214 to 229.
    AK adds 3 to 231.
    GA's 16 makes it 247.
    AZ 11 makes it 258.
    and when PA flips due to votes being tossed out, 278.

or, some state doesn't certify their votes (PA?) and it goes to the 12th Amendment
    Last edited by hufnagel; 11-10-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    RealClearPolitics has removed their call for Biden in both Arizona and Pennsylvania.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

CNN has removed their call for Biden in Arizona. I don’t foresee them removing PA, as that would overturn their call for Biden winning overall. I won’t link to CNN.
    CNN never called Arizona. The idea that they did and retracted blew up on Twitter, but theyve never called Az. Only the AP and Fox has called AZ, and at this point, their calls are very, very likely to stand as Trump is failing to hit the numbers he needs to close the gap. CNN did call Nevada.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Trump wins NC.
    you can search on that term and find the evidence.
    that takes him from 214 to 229.
    AK adds 3 to 231.
    GA's 16 makes it 247.
    AZ 11 makes it 258.
    and when PA flips due to votes being tossed out, 278.

or, some state doesn't certify their votes (PA?) and it goes to the 12th Amendment
    Respectfully, since this is a stats and info only thread, the scenario you are playing out here is basically 0%. This race will end at 232-306 Biden in all likelihood, with Trumps best chance being Arizona, which he still is highly unlikely to win.

With regards to recounts, the biggest recount vote difference was a little over 1,200 votes in 2000 that went from Bush to Gore. Biden's slimmest margin is almost 10Xs that.

User Tag List