Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020 Stats & Info ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Personally, as a minarchist libertarian, I am liking the result so far.

I don't actually care who wins president, I never did. I voted Libertarian, like I have in 4 of the past 5 elections. I voted for R for senator (again) to maintain a Republican controlled Senate and hoped for a continued Democrat controlled House. When Congress is crossed it doesn't matter what party POTUS is.

The system is slowed to a practical standstill as Senate and House fight each other over every single little thing. And for those playing the home game, the more time those fucking morons spend arguing, the LESS they accomplish. When 'accomplishments' are basically, increases taxes, stomping on civil rights, and destroying individual freedoms, I'm all for keeping the system as slow as possible. The greatest threat to liberty is an efficiency bureaucracy.

Right now, I'm seeing it as the Dems are going to flip 3-seats, but Reps will flip 2, giving the Dems a Net 1 gain. That will maintain a Senate majority. Now you can all hope that POTUS Biden/Harris or Trump/Pence either screws up heartily or doesn't screw up heartily until the mid-terms.

And the fact that the Reps made gains in the House in what was supposed to be a "radical shift left" (). Suggests that maybe that 'radical shift' was a bit overblown.

___

And dude @TheNewbie - man take a chill pill. What is it Limbaugh likes, Vicodin? Pop a couple of those and chill out. I'm worried you're going to give yourself a heart attack.
    Same for me.

My preference would actually be a split legislature/executive branch and an originalist leaning SCOTUS forever. The Founders were geniuses for creating a system that was so resistant to major changes.

Honestly an authoritarian radical Leftist Executive and their likely attempted overreach could result in a massive backlash that could burn the electorate for Leftist ideas for a generation.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    A unique take RR, one that I wouldn't necessarily argue against.
    I agree completely. While I'd like Trump just in case there's another SC vacancy, Republicans will block Biden/Harris from doing anything I care about. A couple years of nothing is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    A unique take RR, one that I wouldn't necessarily argue against.
    But he's a Libertarian. Somebody get a rope.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Personally, as a minarchist libertarian, I am liking the result so far.

I don't actually care who wins president, I never did. I voted Libertarian, like I have in 4 of the past 5 elections. I voted for R for senator (again) to maintain a Republican controlled Senate and hoped for a continued Democrat controlled House. When Congress is crossed it doesn't matter what party POTUS is.

The system is slowed to a practical standstill as Senate and House fight each other over every single little thing. And for those playing the home game, the more time those fucking morons spend arguing, the LESS they accomplish. When 'accomplishments' are basically, increases taxes, stomping on civil rights, and destroying individual freedoms, I'm all for keeping the system as slow as possible. The greatest threat to liberty is an efficiency bureaucracy.

Right now, I'm seeing it as the Dems are going to flip 3-seats, but Reps will flip 2, giving the Dems a Net 1 gain. That will maintain a Senate majority. Now you can all hope that POTUS Biden/Harris or Trump/Pence either screws up heartily or doesn't screw up heartily until the mid-terms.

And the fact that the Reps made gains in the House in what was supposed to be a "radical shift left" (). Suggests that maybe that 'radical shift' was a bit overblown.

___

And dude @TheNewbie - man take a chill pill. What is it Limbaugh likes, Vicodin? Pop a couple of those and chill out. I'm worried you're going to give yourself a heart attack.
    Huh, I guess I could have let RR vote for me. (Although not sure I would have done that if outside CA)

You're right you don't need Vicodin, you need tranquilizers to help treat your delusional thoughts of grandeur and significance.
    Dial it back, take a Vicodin
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    But he's a Libertarian. Somebody get a rope.
    Off to the Libertarian Gulags* with you!

*Where you can choose to work or not. And you can choose to stay or not. I mean, we don't really care, you do you. The only rule is don't harm anyone else (we don't care if you harm yourself).

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Dial it back, take a Vicodin
    I took two shots of bourbon and ate some hot wings. Then cranked up Skynrd and did some burnouts in my parking lot.

'Cause 'Merica, freedom, defense of the land...something something something.

(I did none of these things, except eat hot wings, I actually did that).

Total votes combined Biden/Trump from Fox News 3,240,275
    Attachment 62691
    Last edited by SD; 11-04-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    I can’t believe people think a divided government is a good thing. It’s not 1960. The Dems are not pro American these days.

Wow.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 11-04-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I can’t believe people think a divided government is a good thing. It’s not 1960. The Dems are not pro American these days.

Wow.
    It's not as if R's and D's are going to work together for the common good now is it? If all that happens is the Dems get cockblocked from doing anything that screws me over too bad, I'll call that a win.

User Tag List