Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020 Stats & Info ONLY

Election 2020 Stats & Info ONLY

We've got lots of discussion threads. Can we dedicate one to real updates and information with little commentary?

It's 0900 here, so very little to report. The news did put these numbers up this morning:

Officials say 513,000 ballots have been received statewide, which is about 61% of all registered voters.

Hawaii is the first state to see more ballots turned in than the total number of ballots in 2016.

In 2016, nearly 60% of registered voters cast their ballot in Hawaii and 30% of them supported Trump.

Site Supporter
    Turnout is a record high in Oregon... which this source notes as not surprising given that there are 400,000 more voters than 4 years ago.

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/...ion-votes.html

As of Monday afternoon, 84.2% of registered Democrats had their ballot logged at their county election headquarters, compared to 81.5% of Republicans. Still, given Democrats' huge registration advantage, Democrats had cast 276,000 more votes statewide than Republicans' nearly 622,000. Unaffiliated voters trailed still further, with 505,000 votes logged. Their turnout rate stood at 54%, well behind their final turnout in 2016 of 61%.
    So, rather predictably, it's pretty clear that our Electoral College votes will be going to Biden.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Turnout is a record high in Oregon... which this source notes as not surprising given that there are 400,000 more voters than 4 years ago.

So, rather predictably, it's pretty clear that our Electoral College votes will be going to Biden.
    Depends on how the unaffiliated votes swing.....
    If you assume that 276K difference is pure Biden lead, Trump needs to win the unaffiliated by ~2:1 (68%) to cover that gap.

-- I'd bet Trump gets more than a few D votes, because riots.

I'm not saying it's likely, but, not unpossible.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post

I thought that was a given being that the left coast is blue. The blueness is even creeping over into NV and AZ.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Depends on how the unaffiliated votes swing.....
    If you assume that 276K difference is pure Biden lead, Trump needs to win the unaffiliated by ~2:1 (68%) to cover that gap.

-- I'd bet Trump gets more than a few D votes, because riots.

I'm not saying it's likely, but, not unpossible.
    That's wishful thinking. Trump won't be getting any EC votes from OR. The immigration thing has everyone locked up D on the left coast. It might even come into play in FL.

Last edited by Borderland; 11-03-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I thought that was a given being that the left coast is blue. The blueness is even creeping over into NV and AZ.
    Oh it was very much a given...

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That's wishful thinking. Trump won't be getting any EC votes from OR. The immigration thing has everyone locked up D on the left coast. It might even come into play in FL.

Legend for the map, please?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

My chosen non-MSM conservative election coverage...

Site Supporter
    Trump with a small lead in FL, waiting on the panhandle which has traditionally gone Team Red.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List