Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3" .22 revolvers: 317, 63, or LCRx?

Site Supporter
    Not in the list but I did love my Ruger SS Bearcat. My kid also. Just a fun gun.

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    This does not meet your 3” barrel criteria, but it is about the most fun 22 revolver I’ve owned. I first bought one when I was 16 (my dad bought it). There is also pride of ownership that is hard to get with a modern revolver. Pair it with a nice Milt Sparks holster and you’re cooking with gas.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/882295740
    That’d be a nice companion for my Model 15.....

Also been eyeing the 6” Model 17s on gunbroker. It’s hard to have too many .22s. Budget keeps getting in the way.

I really like k-frames, but keep thinking I should have something smaller/lighter for working with smaller new folks.
    Last edited by peterb; 11-07-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Not in the list but I did love my Ruger SS Bearcat. My kid also. Just a fun gun.
    The adjustable sight Ruger Bearcat is an excellent little gun, I just wish Ruger also would bring out an alloy-framed version like the original Bearcat--which is one of the easiest carrying, yet still useful, woods revolvers ever made.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    This does not meet your 3” barrel criteria, but it is about the most fun 22 revolver I’ve owned. I first bought one when I was 16 (my dad bought it). There is also pride of ownership that is hard to get with a modern revolver. Pair it with a nice Milt Sparks holster and you’re cooking with gas.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/882295740
    My 18 no dash has more finish wear than that one. They are very nice.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Thinking about a small .22 revolver for range/plinking use. Have fairly narrow hands so j-frame size is ok. Want decent adjustable sights. A quick search shows the lightweight 317, the stainless 63, and the LCRx.

Experiences/thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!
    22 revolvers are 22 pistols right??
    22pistol.org is a great pick for 22 pistols too right??

User Tag List